Tuesday, October 26, 2010

~New Floor~

 I replaced my kitchen floor!
I think I did a great job and
I bet I saved tons of money on labor!

This was the old floor.
It has some bad spots.
It never looked clean no matter
how many times it was mopped.

It just needed to go.
A whole new kitchen would be ideal.
However I want a bathroom downstairs first.
So to get by I just did the floor.

We have a small entry way off the
porch and it had different floor.
When we moved in the house we had to put
something here and new it would
be a quick temperary fix.

Jade helped take up the old  floor in the entry way.

Mason and I chillin on the new floor!

Mason upset I took the tape measure
away from him.

Wow, look at the floor!!!!
I love love love it!
The best part is I did it!
(can you see the door by the stove that Danny finally stained?
Its too orange so we did not do the others yet.
That was last winters project)

I am so happy with how it turned out.
The first tile we liked was like $4 per tile.
I did not want to spend that.
So we went with our second choice for $2.77 per tile!
I am so glad we did. I think the first tile
 would have been too orange for my liking.
Oh course the really really ugly tiles were 4 for $1.
Go figure.

Just some advise.... when doing a home project make sure you really look at the whole project and know what you need and are getting into. Someone told me I needed one box of tiles (15 tiles) and it ended up I needed 4.5 boxes! That also means my project wasn't as inexpensive as I was thinking it would first be. But all in all I am so glad to have a new floor! I can't wait to get the bathroom started downstairs and I already plan to do my own floor!


5 comments:

Full House said...

It looks great! Isn't it amazing how much a room can change just by changing one part of it. Wether it be flooring, paint, curtains. I think it also makes it even better when it is something you can accomplish on your own. Super Job!

~Dinah said...

I love it! :)

Nicci said...

WOW! That looks great!

mom4 said...

Here a hint with Daycare , children and someday pets . Get a at least one box we did two extra box so i can refloor any that get marks , holes big scatches . Easy and always looks nice (well not really in my house as i need to replace some right now but i have them to do it ) you are amazing also you did it your self ! you go amy

Rachel said...

HI! Just stopping by through Jess. Thought I would say hi! Stop on by sometime...your new floors look great!