Sunday, October 24, 2010

~What to do~

I got up this morning and turned on the computer. I read a few things on facebook and got alittle sad. For a few weeks now we have had reason to believe that Jade and Abby's birth mom, the mother who parented them for their first years of life is not as far away as she once was. Because of things I've read and a picture or two I have seen on facebook I think she is living with her mom (the girls' grandma that they still see).

This is a huge thing. As a parent right away my thought was if she is there we should have been told. We should know what her plan is. We are nearing 3 years of them not seeing their birth mom or their half sister who is 3.5years old now.

Danny and I have talked about what "our plan" is and we've come up with NOTHING.

What do we do? Do we wait until the phone rings and grandma wants to come visit? Do we wait until their mom calls and says she wants to see her girls?

Will she even want to see them?

Can an 8 and 6 year old really understand that she left them and now she might want to see them?

Who should get to decide all this? Is there a right and wrong thing to do here?

Why do I feel like no matter what we decide when we decide I am going to be the bad guy?

2 comments:

mom4 said...

I can tell you waiting for the phone to ring and the bio parent wanting to see the child was a fear for last 19 years by me . For us we where lucky his whole family decide to break the bond with their grandchild , ETC and the call never happen. But for us like you our son knew . Am not sure what right answer is but i know i pray my anger would not get it the way . With that said of course never would put him if i felt in harm or possible harm . And if Gma calls i guess that be first question for her ? and what she willing to do to handle it also . I think in your situation it be ok to have her over "if she called and wanted to see them " but there still a huge chance she wont (something you and i could not understand ).It wont be easy either way .. It bring issue either way with the girls as it did with my son over the years . That why they have us .. Hugs every need to talk am here and understnad .

Misty said...

Amy-

Thanks for commenting on my blog. We have more in common than just living in Minnesota....I am a family child care provider too. It's a small world.

Misty