Monday, June 28, 2010

A little like Family

One of the things I was told once about my career as a childcare provider was DON'T BECOME FRIENDS WITH YOUR CLIENTS/FAMILIES YOU CARE FOR (If problems arise it makes things much harder to deal with. Its harder to confront parents).

A parent came today and told me that Dad was in a 4-wheeler accident. The little girl being just shy of turning 3 only knows that Danny got an owie. However what she doesn't know is that Daddy is bleeding inside and they are not sure yet if its just his splean or if its his lung. He also has a broken ankle. I didn't understand that part but they can't fix it yet (I think she said because of the bleeding).

Mom told me that their daughter is not allowed on the 4-wheeler. Thankfully. Things could have been alot worse if she had been on it. So just take this time if you do allow your children on your 4-wheeler or your lawn mower and just review your safety rules. Maybe even just review them for you. Think about how fast you go and do you wear a helmet.

Sometimes we forget. Sometimes we just get to having too much fun. Safety needs to be number ONE.

I am feeling so sad for this family. Wishing I could do more for them.

All in all no matter what I have been told about becoming friends with my clients these people are like family.

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

Yes, Amy, they are like family....

I will say a prayer for this family. Any type of motorized vehicle can be very dangerous....we had a go-kart problem on our street and those same neighbors also went 4-wheelin' in their yard and it always made me nervous to see the kids on those machines.

mom4 said...

amy there a different then loving your families we care for and partner with as childcare providers and parents
so sorry and pray for fast recovery ..