Saturday, May 29, 2010

Potty Training 101

Yikes, what did I get myself into was my thaught after about 4 hours on Wednesday!

After reading some information some other child care providers talked about I decided to go to this link. At that link it talked about a book you can purchase/ download and it would give you all the information you needed to have your child potty trained in 3 days. Yes, I said 3 days.

So I got a hold of a copy of the book (thank you friend)! I read it. I yelled at the book for making me read 40 pages of stuff when I felt the book could be maybe 20 pages (I am not much of a reader).

So Wednesday we started.

There were alot of little undies ready.

There were lots of accidents.

There was lots of laundry after those accidents.

Maddison and I stuck to it and today is day 4. Yes, its a 3 day thing when reading the book but seriously some kids might need longer. But my Maddison had never even gone for me on the potty and on day one she went pee! On day 4 she went poopy! Lastnight she slept all night in undies and woke up dry! She came to me when she had to go potty this morning!

I was so proud of her after she went poopy today. I went to the store to get her a surprise (gotta love the dollar store)!

In the book they tell you to toss all the diapers. Well I am sorry but she did wear a pull-up today so we could go to some garage sales and to the park. Trust me it was needed. I had been stuck at home all week. I had to get out today or I was going to have a serious case of the crabbies.

The kids love to swing!


Snack at the park!




Oh and most of you who know Maddison really well know that she
LOVES LOVES LOVES to sit on the couch, usually in one of the corners.
She will get mad at people who sit in her spot.
(yeah she tries to be boss around here)
Good news is she never went potty on the couch!
She did however have an accident on the little play one which is ok.
It was dirty and I wanted a reason to get rid of it!
After her accident I had a very good reason and not one
of the kids have even noticed its gone.

2 comments:

Full House said...

Just an idea for you. We keep a potty chair in our van at all times just in case we are no where near a place with a toilet and Ava says she needs to go potty! It has been used a lot since January when we put it in there.

Nik said...

I am so proud of both of you! Both of my families needed more days than the initial 3 as well..and both have gone back to some diapers or PU for sleeping after the intial 2 weeks or so of the training (for stress relief but used them minimally...and eased back to using none).

I see this 3-day boot camp as a base...go hard for the boot camp...then find what works for you that is realistic, without losing sight of what you have accomplished..know what I mean?

Again..I am so proud of both of you!