Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good old Tax Day!

So are you one of those people who file their taxes today on the last day or do you hurry up and get them filed right away?

I will never forget my first year of doing my daycare taxes. I went to a near by town which was about 20 minutes from here to a lady who said she specialized in daycare taxes. Wow who was she kidding.

After I sat down with this lady for awhile and we did some figuring she told me what I OWED. Yes, what I owed. No refund for me. I was devistated. I was mortified.

I remember getting into my car and I actually cried. I had no idea I would have to pay such a large amount. Now this was a few years ago before everyone started hiking up their prices of everything but I remember thinking if I was getting what I owed in a refund I could by myself a new car!

Thankfully I had my taxes redone that year by the tax person who does my parents and he saved me $2,000 that year. I am so thankful I had them looked over by someone else. Who knows what I could have paid in the next year as well if I had gone to the same lady again.

Anyways, I hope you got your taxes done on-time! I would really hate to hear any of my blog readers getting taken away by those big IRS people!

I doubt they would still let you read my blog if they had to lock you up for not doing your taxes!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

It does stink to owe a big surprise amount...but remember if you get a refund that just means that you gave the gov't a free loan and they didn't have to pay you interest on that money.

I go in every year expecting to owe...I do pay in quarterly though, so that helps! I dread taxes every single year.