Thursday, April 15, 2010

Big Decisions

I found this picture on the internet. It fit perfect with the image in my head!
Which is funny for two reasons.
1) We don't own a truck.
2) I gave our bird away awhile back to a family I watched a few times just while their mom did some physical therapy after an injury.

Anyways, I am not an expect but I have come to know that one thing in a marriage we need to sometimes do is compromise. We need to talk things out and decide as a couple what's best. How do we know who knows best? Who should get more say?

What does this have to do with the picture? Well I am getting to that!

As I mentioned a week or so ago that my hubby is tired of the town we live in. He wants badly to move. Move a few hours from here to a larger town. Much larger area.

My hubby grew up in a very large city in VA. I grew up on a dairy farm! Our little town didn't even have a stop light. So much different from each other. College brought me to where we are now. I have lived other places and came back here for work. I like it here as I am close enough to family I can drive there and home in one day. Hubby came to this town to be closer to family he didn't know growing up. Then he ended up having children and that is what kept him here, well until he met me of course. That also kept him here... at least I hope so.

So that's how we got where we are today. In a cute little town in MN. Well ok maybe not cute but you get my point, right?

So about a week or so ago hubby mentioned we should make a move closer to a larger city. Well it kind of took me by surprise I guess. Then my head started turning about how much I hate where my dining room table is and if I moved I could get a different dining room. Maybe just maybe I wouldn't have to run into the table when walking to the other room  rest of the house since the dining room is located in the middle. But is that really a reason to move?

When I was in college I moved every 6 months, no lie. Family stopped writing my address in their address book! It was easy. I got tired of a rental so I packed my things and moved. However now I have children to think about. Children who go to school already. We have a home. I have a business that was full of kids today!

Just the other night my hubby who brought all this to the dining room table had an actual plan. If things went in our favor and we could sell our home next year at this time we could rent a home for a year in the location we agree on. Hopefully both get jobs. Then after a year purchase a new home and I could start my daycare up again. Sounds easy, right? We would have to know where we wanted to be in order to get the girls into a school they could stay in. I would need one heck of a good paying job in order to afford daycare. We also talked about working opposite shifts to start with to avoid daycare cost. So much to think about.

My hubby posted a short thing on a site he uses and got a respons from a guy who has one child who might possibly be considering a nanny in a year that could bring her two young children with her and they may also have a 3 bedroom townhouse to rent out at that time as well.

Not sure if that is something to look into more or not.

This is a huge thing. This is a major decision.

What if we make the wrong one?

We can listen to our friends and family and get advice but really when it comes to that finally decision its up to hubby and I. Its all on our plate.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good luck, whatever you decide will be what's right for YOU!!