Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hoarders

Do you know anyone who is a Hoarder?

I was flipping the channels the other night on tv and came across a show called Hoarders. For some reason it caught my attention. YIKES. I can not believe some of the stuff people where saving. Men and women can become Hoarders. I don't want to be come a Hoarder! I started cleaning.

The girls' school really likes donations so I found many things that would be great for a classroom. Things I thought I was going to use for my daycare and never did. Things I can not see myself using in the next 4 months. Sometimes the school is looking for certain things. I think last year we donated dice for math and used children's CD's for the after school program (I donated the ones we never used or had the same songs as some of the other CD's).

Anyways, after watching that show I had a dream that I became a Hoarder and my sister came and took my children. In my dream she told me when I was a clutter free home I could have them back. So all I want to do today is clean clean clean. I do not want to become a Hoarder!

If you have seen my sisters house it is spotless. There is no way she will ever have to worry about this. She is so good about throwing stuff away. I always told her when she had kids her house would get cluttered. Wow, was I wrong. Its still clean and organized. Even her little girl's closet is clean and organized.

Oh if only I could be so organized. So as I try to clean today I am getting interrupted by snotty noses! Both my little ones have a cold as well as one of the daycare girls I watch.

2 comments:

Nik said...

I have seen this show..bits and pieces...its gross and bizzarly amazing too. My step-mom might have been classified this way...probably? And she did Foster care for like 20+ years for mostly At-Risk babies..newborns that were so teeny and mostly had druggie teen moms....not sure how in that house she got licensed all those years....It took several dumpsters after she died (it was worse after my Dad died and she was on her own there, her own health failed, etc, for about 10 years....)...

I agree...I am not super cleany-freak..but always want to wash my hands and organize SOMETHING after seeing that show!

~Dinah said...

I've too seen the show. I have known hoarders---TV doesn't give you the whole picture---there's a certain SMELL that comes with hoarders that makes it even worse.

My sis is a neat-freak too--her kids' closets are not only organized by size, but also by color---CRAZY!!