Thursday, January 21, 2010


As you may know my children attend a Catholic School. Its connected with the church we attend. However other children can attend also if there are openings.
Yesterday I attend the Wednesday church service with Maddison. Each week the children go to mass with their class. Now Jade LOVES church, Abby well not so much. I sat towards the back since all the students sat with their teachers. Maddison had a bit of a cold and I wasn't sure how she was going to do. I needed to be able to exit quickly. The reason I went yesterday was to listen to Jade sing! Each class takes turn doing the mass. This week was Jade's class. She sang in front of everyone with just one other girl. They did great. They had a small verse to sing just the two of them and sang the rest of the song as a class.
I did notice that Jade sat very nice in church and followed along in her book. Abby well not so much!
Next week is Catholic Schools week so the kids get to branch out of their uniforms on Monday and go to school in their PJ's! Tuesday is wacky hair day, Wednesday is a bit goofy- you have to wear either your uniform pants with any shirt you want or your uniform shirt with any pants you want. Not sure why they can't just wear anything they want that day (oh maybe because I wasn't in charge), I missed Thursday?? and Friday is the last day of the month! On the last day of the month the students get to wear Jeans if they pay $1 (the teachers have to pay $5). Then the money goes for the school building project. They just got a new library, new computer room, and lots more. Their school is looking really sharp!
I am excited also to end next week by going to an All School Family Fun Dance! There will be games, dancing, Wii bowling and food!
Oh and just an FYI- I had my sub come yesterday to watch the daycare while I attended church. Mason stayed with the sub since he doesn't cry when she comes! Maddison has never done well with the sub so she either has to be having her nap time or not stay with her. The other kids love her. I guess Maddison is just a Momma's girl. And since when hiring the sub she has to be hired for at least 2 hours and church is only 1 hour Maddison and I went to the mall so we could go to the craft store and get a much needed item (its a secret) for the upcoming birthday party celebration we are having this weekend. We also just had to stop at the Pizza place and grab a much needed pizza to enjoy once we got home (daycare kids had hot dogs)! The best part about it I got home right in time to put the kids to nap and enjoy a quiet house!

No comments: