Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New shoes and diet

So I don't usually buy things for myself. At least not until I can't do with out or the old just isn't working any more. I would rather spend the money on my children. I am feeling guilty already that I need to buy new shoes this weekend. It wasn't planned, I wasn't thinking I wanted new shoes, mine are not unwearable. However my doctor Harvey told me I walk funny. Something about my arch. Didn't get the all the information absorbed because all I remember is him saying I needed to buy new shoes. The dollar signs went flashing in my head and the guilt began. I started to think about my kids and what I could buy them instead. Do my kids need anything, NO not at all. As a mother though I of course feel guilty.

So yes, this weekend I have to go buy new shoes.

Today is also the start of my new limited calories diet. Are you laughing? I am. Does Dr. Harvey realize its almost the Holiday Season? He told me I can eat whatever I want but need to limit my calories to 2,000 a day. So today I did learn as I was cleaning the frig. that mini crunch pickles only have 5 calories in a serving. Three pickles is a serving. How awesome is that. I can have pickles for snack. He did tell me the best thing to start with is pop. So no more pop for me.

I had such a bad headache lastnight that I felt sick to my stomach. I think I was so worked up about the whole shoe thing and diet. It could be worse, right? Dr. Harvey said if I loose just 5 pounds even that is like taking 30 pounds off my knees!

He agrees that I have some form of the Patellofemoral Syndrome but he said it could also just be a few others things causing the pain my legs. He was a great doctor and explained things very well. My knee cap should bend in the middle. Mine doesn't. It bends to the side. That causes rubbing where it should be. That rubbing causes the pain in my knees and legs. At this point there is no need to even think or worry about surgery. That is not for my situation he said. I am to work on the diet thing, get new shoes, and continue physical therapy. Oh and yes, I should exercise.

Are you laughing with me? I don't exercise. I have tried. So we will see how well things go. I won't tell you my weight because I can't type a number that big but I will let you know in a few years when I loose a pound or two!

I will go back for a follow up appt. in about 6 weeks. Today I go to physical therapy!

No comments: