Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The longest minute ever

So lastnight I went to bed a bit early. I had another not so wonderful headache. Maddison was a bit cranky so I put her to bed about 20 minutes early. She has a cold so I figured extra sleep would be good. I cuddled on the bed with Mason and we both fell asleep. I remember getting up at 1:30 and moving to the living room because Mason had woken up. Hubby had already moved him to the crib around 10pm and was in bed himself.

At 1:30 Hubby also got up and made a bottle for Mason. He didn't seem to want it. He and I cuddled and both fell asleep in the living room.

At 4:30am I woke up to Mason crying. I got up went to the bathroom and went into the kitchen. Now we have a door in our kitchen that locks and leads to the porch. Our porch is nothing to get excited about. It however does not lock. We also have a front door which is in the living room but we don't use it at this time (the steps are not very safe as they need to be replaced).

So anyways, I walked into the kitchen to find the door WIDE OPEN. Yes, it was open. I had an instant chill go down my back as I ran to the hallway and yelled for Danny. It only took one minute to check on all the girls. I already knew Mason was ok because I was just with him. But it was the longest minute ever.

All I could think of as Hubby ran upstairs to check on Jade and Abby is what if Jade walked out the door in the dark. There was a time at her mom's apartment she got the door opened and went outside because she thought she was late for school.

Thankfully all my children were safe and the girls were all asleep. We have no idea what happen or how the door ended up being left open. It couldn't have been very long because it wasn't that cold in the house.

No comments: