Sunday, November 22, 2009

Meatballs

Early last week for supper one night I wanted to make meatballs. I was standing in the kitchen trying to decide if I wanted them to be made with beef gravy, BBQ sauce, or something different. I had no gravy and wasn't in the mood for BBQ sauce so I came up with this.

2.5 pounds hamburger
salt, pepper and onion to season
minced garlic about 1-2 tablespoons (I don't measure)
Parmesan cheese from the can (could use as much as you want probably. I did about 3/4 cup)
crushes soda crackers 5-7
2 eggs

I mixed all the ingredients together. Made them into round balls using a scooper so they were the same size. Then I baked them in the oven at 350* for about 20 minutes. Them I put them into the crockpot. I put them in the crock pot one at a time to eliminate some grease that was on the pan. If I would have dumped or scraped them into the crockpot I would have had alot of that unneeded grease. Then I topped them with a can of spaghetti sauce.

I served the meatballs with spaghetti noodles, salad and some bread. The bread was plain so I top it with alittle butter, sprinkle of garlic salt and parsley for color. It was a very yummy supper.

This made alot of meatballs. I was able to use the leftovers the next day to serve lunch to my daycare and Hubby also had lunch to take to work! I will for sure make these meatballs again. I think it would have been good even just with the bread and no noodles (if you are on a diet).

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

i have a good meatball and hm spag sauce recipe i just discovered too. you drop the raw meatballs right into the sauce and let it simmer all day...yum! I love spaghetti, lol, my fav!