Monday, November 23, 2009

got to get it off my chest

So my hubby calls me almost every morning on his break. Break is at 9am. He calls to see what I am doing.... I AM WORKING.

Today he says "how is your day going"?

My reply was "It's Monday. Its going as well as it can for a Monday".

Mondays can be tough in the morning as I am trying to get myself motivated to get things done and keep myself from thinking, why isn't it still Sunday. It can also be tough for the kids who have to gear themselves back into daycare mode and not I am at home mode. So it can just be tough.

I already have the 1 year old laying down because she already had a melt-down. She is transitioning from 2 naps a day to 1. Boy today is going to be a 2 napper day for her. The 2 year old is refusing to eat her breakfast. She is usually the best eater who eats anything. I am also assiting her in learning to use the potty so it can be very time consuming.

So after telling Hubby all that he says "At least you are at home and not at work like me".

"Hello Mr. I am at work. This is my work. Yes, I might be at home but this is MY WORK. This is what I do to help provide for my family".

Friday evening I had a parent pick up her child. I was supposed to get paid for 2 weeks at a time per our agreement when she started in my care. This was her request and I agreed to it. She would be paying one week on time and week ahead of schedule. So just like most people who leave their home and go to an office or someplace to work you collect a paycheck. You want your paycheck on time. You want it be correct. Well, this mother came and told me she wasn't paying me for 2 weeks. Just one. Well, excuse me but that is my paycheck. I count on that money. Don't get me wrong I love what I do but even if you work outside the home and love what you do you still want your paycheck too!

I guess maybe tomorrow when Hubby calls I might not answer. He kind of got me fired up today. Maybe I should complain to him that he gets holiday pay and I don't.

I best get back to work. Its potty time for the 2 year old.

Oh and just an FYI- I currently have 4 kids in my house during the day who need diapers! One of those kids poops 2 times a day and the other usually at least once. So if you do the math that is 5 poopy diapers a day. Yeah, I might be at home but it smells like poop!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

HUGS!!!! It's a short week, right? you can make it! I know that a supportive hubby is worth his weight in gold when we are in this business.

One day years ago when I had an appointment I had hubby watch the kiddos....he said (after about 2 hours when I got back vs my 10 a day) "How do you do this everyday, I'm exhausted." That was his AH-HAH moment!