Monday, November 16, 2009

A little get away!

Its Monday! I am almost glad to be back into the start of another week. We had a very busy weekend.

My mother called on Saturday to tell me she would get to my house in 20 minutes. I wasn't dressed yet much less showered. So I jumped in the shower and get ready for the day in a hurry. Hubby stayed home to watch the 4 kids and I enjoyed a few hours with my mom, sister and my niece! We went to the local craft fair. We found alot of cute things. Couldn't buy them all but did get a few little things. We also enjoyed some lunch out!

When I got home from the craft show Hubby had the cooler out and some snacks. He had decided we needed to take a mini vacation and he got us a hotel room. No not hubby and I but the whole family. I did not really want to do this. Its alot of work to get 4 kids and myself packed up for a night away from home. I also wasn't excited about leaving when the house was a bit messy. But I got ready and we went.

We didn't arrive to our hotel until almost 8pm. It took me awhile to get everyone ready and we also stopped on the way to eat supper.

We stayed at a hotel we stayed at 2 times before. We've always felt it was a nice hotel and its location is great for us. However this time we felt our room was a bit dirty. We also wanted to porta cribs but could only have one because having more than one in a room is a fire hazard.

So got to the hotel and had time to go swimming. They girls all love the water! Mason and I watched. Then we enjoyed a snack and got ready for bed. Now like I said I wanted two porta cribs (pack-n-plays) but could only get one. Maddison flops around alot so I didn't really want to put her on a bed. Abby is a kicker so I wasn't going to volunteer to sleep next to her. I ended up in a bed with Mason, Abby slept on the floor, Jade and Hubby shared a bed, and Maddison got the crib! It worked. I did hear hubby say after one of the girls started snoring "What was I thinking". I think he finally realized how much work it is to take 4 kids to a hotel. Everything was at Maddison's level. She used almost all the kleenex to decorate the floor. She flushed the toilet several times for fun. She tried setting the alarm clock. She tried playing with the telephone so we had to find that in the drawer of the nightstand. Didn't want her calling 911 or anything. She also played with the heat/ air controller. There was a safe in the room and I heard her pushing buttons on that as well too. I guess the few toys I brought with for her where nothing as exciting!

On Sunday we got up and enjoyed a light breakfast at the hotel and headed to Babys R Us. I love going to this store. I found a few outfits on clearance for Mason that he should fit into this spring. We also got one for Maddison (I didn't really care for it but Hubby liked it and he was paying so I had no choice). Then we headed to the big Mall of America!

I have to say if you want to shop never go with my Hubby. If you want to save money take my hubby with you. He is so good for looking at a store and saying "Oh that will be too expensive. We won't go in there". So what, don't hurt to look. We passed alot of stores. The girls did enjoy playing at lego land and we ate in the food court at the Mall.

It was a busy day. I think I was constantly making sure Abby and Jade were close by and not touching everything. I was able to find new tennis shoes like the doc ordered. Jade got a new barbie from the barbie store (they had some reasonable prices unlike the Hello Kitty Store). Abby was happy with her bracelet and the bag the lady put it in.

Oh and of course what is a trip to the cities if you don't stop at the darn fish store. I stayed in the van with Mason who was sleeping and Maddison. We ate pretzels while we waited.

Then we headed for home. It was sure nice to get home!

I did forget to mention. When we left the hotel Hubby went and told them we had stayed there before and came back because we liked their hotel and enjoyed our stay. He told them this time though we felt it was dirty (mainly the bathroom). He got 25% off the room! So he only paid $66 for it! I was shocked he actually said something. I figured he would come back and say he forgot to mention it.

I will try and post pictures this afternoon.

No comments: