Sunday, November 29, 2009

Long Weekend

It has been a crazy long weekend! We've been keeping busy.

Thanksgiving was a great day spent with family. We went to my aunts house and the cooking was great. Of course they forgot about my diet and had those yummy pickles with cream cheese and ham. Ok, maybe it was me that forgot about dieting. They didn't make me eat them. I did that just fine on my own! Abby ended up taking a nap in the afternoon and seemed a bit under the weather. She also slept an hour on the way home. Once we got home she seemed fine. She slept good that night and has been running around playing and making a mess ever since. My dad had to carry Maddison out to the van on Thanksgiving. She got super crabby when it was time to leave. She fell asleep on the way home within minutes. It was also my dad's birthday on Thanksgiving. He is now 52 years old!

I had my alarm set to get up for Black Friday. I wanted to get some clothes for the kids at Wally World (Wal-Mart). Then I decided that getting up early to my alarm did not sound exciting. So I turned it off. Mason ended up waking me instead! I did decide to go. I just got dress and brushed my teeth. I am sure my hair looked good. I got to Wal-Mart at 4:30 and scoped out some clothes. Had all my stuff I wanted and was in line paying by 5:13am! Talk about crazy though. I got hit in the butt about 4 times with someone else's cart and also in the heal. People are rude on Black Friday.

Black Friday shopping is not for everyone but I think its one of those things you just need to experience at least one time.

Anyways, I was back home and in bed by 5:45!

Then at 9am hubby went to Wal-Mart and got some clothes for $1 each! What a steal. He got a Jonas Brothers sweatshirt for Jade for $1 and a pair of jeans for $1. He also found an outfit for Abby that is black pants and a sweatshirt to match for $1. Its very cute. He got a pair of jeans for Maddison and one pair for Faith. He was so proud that he remembered Faith when he was shopping. He only spent $6. He said women would grab handfulls of clothes and toss them into their cart without even looking at them.

Then my mom and sister decided to come to town. I met them at about 10:30! We went to a few places and out to lunch! It was a great day.

Somehow on Saturday we ended up going to a Mall about 1 hour from our place. I also wanted to take Hubby to Red Lobster to thank him for my new dishwasher! We had a great day and had ALL the kiddos with us. Even Hubby's son was able to come along. We don't get to see him very often so the girls were excited he could come along.

No comments: