Monday, November 30, 2009

My Everything!

A few weeks ago Hubby and I took the girls and Mason to Applebee's. I had an older lady ask me if Mason was a boy. Of course I said "Yes". She then told me she loves seeing large families. She had 3 boys and 3 girls of her own. She also commented how well my children were being. We've actually been told before how well the children behave in a restaurant!

Anyways, if you read the previous post you read that we went to the Mall on Saturday and also to Red Lobster. Now we had 5 children with us. We had my hubby's son, Logan, Jade, Abbygail, Maddison and Mason. I didn't think anything of it. They are my family and I enjoy going places with them.

Once we were all seated and had our drinks and salads a lady came over to our table. I am almost positive by the way she was dressed she was the manager. She asked if everything was going ok so far and if our waitress was meeting our needs. Now when I eat out I really like to just enjoy my family and not be bothered by management but I just nicely answered her questions and figured she would be on her way. I was wrong.

This lady looked at me and said "Wow you have a crew. I have 3 children and it was very hard for me to go from having one child to two but when I had my third it was just like throwing anther plate on the table". This comment just kind of rubbed me the wrong way but I just smiled and went about enjoying my salad.

Once at the mall we were walking around and all of a sudden I hear "three, four, oh wow five". I turned to see 2 women maybe in their late 40's early 50's counting how many children we had with us. Then the one lady says to the other "I did a party at a ladies house last week and she had seven".

Now the last time I checked there was no rule book on how many children I can or can not have. This comment really irritated me. I could not picture my life right now with out any of my children. They are my life. The reason I do the things I do. The reason I get up in the morning. They make me smile. They bring so much joy to my life. They are the most important thing to me. They are my everything!

Of course I never said anything to those women but I sure would have liked to. I didn't know that having many children meant that you got stared at or talked about.

And seriously who makes it right or wrong to have one child or 5 or maybe even 10! Maybe I should have a few more.

No comments: