Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Christmas season

So in years past during the Christmas season my hubby would take 3 days off. With Christmas day and New Years day falling into place and other days the company would pay him for he was able to have about 2 weeks off paid! Yes, two full weeks at home. Now that things are changing and the company is trying to save money they are closing for some time around the Christmas season. There was no plan for hubby to use 3 days vacation this year. With 4 children in the house its nice for him to save the vacation for when the kids are sick and he needs to come home early to take them to the doctor or for when he is sick. Awhile back the company actually took vacation from everyone. They accumulate so many hours of vacation a pay period. That was shortened a few months ago so the company could add more money to their pocket. The company is also closed the day after Thanksgiving. In years past the company always paid for this day. Now they are not.

Now some of you may be thinking this isn't a big deal. It could be worse, yes. However he will have to use what is left of his vacation now as we can not afford for his paycheck to be short 3 days. Also do you know what it is like to do daycare and have your hubby home all day for 2 weeks? It can be painful. He complains he is bored. He complains he has no money to go do something. He just sits around and it drives me batty! Oh and he takes naps. I never get to take naps.

The other thing about this that sucks is I really want to take a long weekend this Spring to go see my brother in Wyoming. I know taking 4 kids in a van for 12 hours will be an interesting experience but I want to see where my brother lives. If hubby uses all his vacation up now he won't have vacation to take between now and Spring if he gets sick or one of the kids needs him to take time off.

Ok I think I am done complaining for now...

No comments: