Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2nd opinion


As I wrote in a post last week Maddison has had some issues with throwing up. They have not stopped. It actually happen again the other night and I didn't know it until the following afternoon. Rather scary that I didn't hear her in the night. Neither did Hubby. He usually hears everything.


Anyways, I pondered for awhile what to do. Of course I consulted with my Mother. Mothers know best, right?


I called and made her an appointment for today with a different Doctor. This time with the Doctor that we take Mason to.


Alleluia! I got answers! It wasn't about wanting something to be wrong with my little girl. It was I just didn't feel like Dr. W gave me the correct diagnosis.


So you ask what is wrong, She needs to POOP. Yes, that's right. She is backed up and needs to POOP.


She poops every day. However she doesn't seem to be going enough.


They took an x-ray of her tummy to find this out.


So you are asking why this makes her vomit. Well, I will tell you in english not doctor language.


Dr. S said that when she eats the food goes to her tummy. Then its supposed to go to her colon and so on. However she is full. The food then has to stay in her tummy. Once that tummy gets to full it has to go somewhere so she vomits. Sound gross? Yes, it does.


To fix the problem we give her a powered medicine at night mixed with juice. He said to do this for a few months and then slowly take her off of it.


Thank you Dr. S... oh and Dr. S just got a new patient! Maddison just got a new doctor.


So all you mommas out there. If you are unhappy with what you are told about your child please do not hesitate to get a second opinion!


Now bring on the poopin!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

Ah, yes, Maddie went through this. She took miralax too for a while. However, we had to do the suppository thing a few times because it got SOOOOO bad!! Ewwwww. It will all work out in the end...lol. :)