Monday, October 26, 2009

We're cooking in the Wynn house!


My Kitchen looking in from the dining room.

Standing by the sink.
secret hiding place for magnets with needed phone numbers!

Daycare Plate!


Spice of Life
Faith & Family & Friends

Every member of the pea pod needs a pea pod collection!


I love my boss
I love my job
I am self employed.



So as some of you kn0w I love to eat out. I used to be a regular at Applebees! Yes, there were a few waitresses there that knew I really didn't need time to look at a menu. That was some time ago. Well the Wynn's have been staying home more. We used to eat out about 4 times a week. Sometimes maybe more. We learned to take advantage of deals when we did eat out.
Tuesdays were good for Grizzly's bar and grill (were hubby and I met). They had 2 burgers and fries for price of one!
Buffalo Wild Wings was good Wednesdays because kids could eat for 99 cents!

Anyways, we are doing really well and have only been eating out about 2 times a month. Unless Grandma Robin comes to town and takes us out! I don't think she likes my cooking. So I have been trying to come up with new things to try.

We have tried scalloped potatoes and ham (nothing compared to when my mom makes it),Lasagna Hotdish, porcupine meatballs, and Carmeled Chicken. The chicken was great. I made it with Noodles but next time I think white rice would go better with it. I got this recipe from the Pea Pod party I went to. We all shared 2 recipes!

Carmeled Chicken-
soy sauce 1/3 cup
sugar 1/2 cup
water 1/8 cup

I used chicken breast and cut them into small pieces and then cooked it in the sauce.

I have even made homemade Chicken Wild Rice Soup. It was very tasty. Even hubby liked it and he is kind of a picky eater. Yes, seriously it was homemade. Not out of a can.

Tonight we are having Doritos chicken... take chicken dipped in egg and then dip in crushed Doritos! I am really hoping in the Spring of 2011 I can get my kitchen remodeled. That is our hopes. We know it won't be this spring. I think if I had more counter space I would enjoying cooking in my kitchen much more often.

If anyone has any great recipes they'd like to share I would love to hear them. I am running out of ideas for this week and its only Monday!


This is a kitchen I like. Look it even has a dishwasher!

This kitchen is in the house I liked but we didn't buy it because of the location. Well we had made an offer on it and if they would have excepted this would be my kitchen. However they turned our offer down so we found the house we ended up buying. We didn't make a new offer or excpet theirs because of it being located on a very busy road. It was owned by a daycare family I had. Now its a rental since they didn't take our offer!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Have you ever made meatloaf wrapped in bread? I always make it with oven fried potatoes--the ones that your other grandma used to make.