Wednesday, August 19, 2009

drive threw service

Have you ever gone somewhere and felt like it could have just been a drive threw service it was such a quick trip?

That's how I felt yesterday at my doctor's appointment. I seriously think if I would have gone to the McDonald's drive threw for a cheeseburger it would have taken longer.

I was in and out of the OB clinic in 10 minutes. I had my weight taken, blood pressure checked, babies heartbeat taken, checked if I was dilated and sat in the room and waited 2 minutes for the doctor to come in.

My doctor walked in and the first thing she said was "I'm in a hurry". Yeah, I am in a hurry to have this baby.

I don't know for sure what was going on but I sure wish someone would have said something to me. I just overheard someone in the hallway say the doc had to go to surgery. I understand emergencies come up but I was the only patient there and there was a receptionist and also 3 nurses. It just would have been nice if one would have said "It not that your doctor doesn't want to see you, she has just been called to an emergency surgery". Instead nobody said anything to me and I felt like I was pushed out of there before my questions even got asked much less answered.

Then I go to make an appointment and was told to come back in one week. Well the receptionist tried to tell me next Friday. Well, that is over a week on my calender so I asked for something sooner. They are squeezing me in on Wednesday.

But anyways, on Sunday I was dilated to a 1 when my contractions decided to stop. Tuesday I was dilated to a 2. That was before I walked 1.5 miles yesterday!

I really don't think this baby is going to arrive on its own. Its just going to be when my doctor will allow me to finally have it. Of course yesterday she went by Sept. 2 as my due date. I worry she will tell me I can have it Sept. 3 when I am supposed to go to Kindergarten with Abby. But I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

My next appointment is August 26. By my calender I will be one day over due so we'll see what my doctor will have to say... by then I might have a few words of my own to share with her!

1 comment:

Nik said...

I remember a few appointments like that! Being frustrated at taking the time off of work (I was a nanny then and couln't take kids with me obviously, and it was summer so no school for them or classes of any kind..my dd b-day is Aug 31st)...and the appointments were so quick, I almost felt violated! LOL

I was so tired of sharing my body at that point as well.....I had a rough pregnancy (all but the middle) and a few years of pregnancy related roughness. This was my one shot and then I was done..I just wanted to get on with things! So I can fully understand your readiness!