Thursday, August 20, 2009

alittle of everything

So every night this week I get a call close to bedtime from my mother. I get the same talk.

"Now you make sure you call me tonight if you go into labor".

"Yes, mom. I will call if I need to. Who else am I going to call"?

The one morning she called and asked why I hadn't called her.

Hmm, maybe because nothing happened. I wasn't in labor.

I think my mother is getting more impatient than I am.

Jade told me today that she prayed lastnight for the baby to come very soon! I did too!

On another note. My dad got a job. Yes, he had a job working for my mom at the Cafe. However with winter around the corner and being a smaller business you just never know what to expect. Its not always easy being self-employed. So he applied for a job and got it. I am so excited because I helped him with his resume!

My Dad will actually be going back to an old job he had at an Elementary School. He will be working as a Custodial Engineer. Something like that anyways. Basically he will be putting up with alot of teachers! Fixing what they break or their students break. He'll be in charge of keeping the building going! This is a great opportunity for him since he will be getting benefits again! He starts on Monday! He has told me that some of those teachers are getting really really old. They were there when he worked there before (this would have been when I was in school). Yeah, they are getting old but I would have to say he is too! Now let's just pray it all goes well and he gets NO IDEAS about going back to farming. That's what happen last time.

As I mentioned before my brother went to Wyoming to work. He has made it there and started training for his job. I got a message from him yesterday about his time off around Christmas and when he's expecting his gift. I wasn't aware I was supposed to get him a gift so I guess it was good he reminded me. He's good for that. His birthday is on Sunday and I do have to say it would be neat to have the baby on his golden birthday. Oh and yes when he first got to Wyoming he locked his keys in his car! Luckily he got them out because the extra set was in Minnesota! 11 hours away!

Now let's talk about my sister and her little bundle of joy! That Faith is so so cute. I remember when Maddison was little and how much fun it was to have a little girl. Well, it still is fun. But anyways, Faith is doing awesome! She is growing fast and is drinking her bottles very well. She is on her way to being home very soon. I am sure my sister and brother-in-law are beyond thrilled at how close they are to going home. I can not imagine what its like to be where they are. My sister is a very strong person to have made it through everything that has come her way! I am very proud of her.

Oh and today is my mom and dad's wedding anniversary. I sadly don't have the year though. I can hardly remember how long I have been married much less everyone else. I do know that I am 28 and its been longer than that! If that helps any. I am thinking 31 years but don't quote me on that one. Just in case.

Well, time to sign off. Must made some lunch for kiddos!

No comments: