Friday, June 5, 2009

Thank the Lord

I am just writing quick to say that I am healthy! I had a one hour test the other day for Gestational Diabetes. It however came back abnormal. So the hospital called yesterday that I should come in and sit there for a 3 hour test. Yes, a 3 hour test. I thought the one hour was bad. So I made Hubby take the day off and I went in this morning after I had to be fasting since Midnight. I was there 3.5 hours. Thankfully though I got the remote to the tv in the lab. Its been a long time since I have watched Good Morning America, Regis and Kelly, and The View all in one day. I actually starting dosing off somewhere at the end of Good Morning America and Regis and Kelly! I got poked 4 times while I was there and I had to drink 100ml of some sugary sugary nasty tasting orange stuff within 5 minutes. Then sit there and not eat or drink until the test was over. It was a long morning.

But the good news is the nurse just called and she said I am fine. You need to have 2 tests come back out of range and I had only one. So she said I am good. Now she is of course going to make sure the doctor sees it on Monday and make sure she also feels I am ok.

So all in all I can relax this weekend and not worry about it. Oh wait I don't get to relax- ever!

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

Glad it came back neg for gestational diabetes. :) RELAX!!!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Hey there! I stumbled upon your blog through Beau and Brittany Daniels' blog. My due date is August 25 also, but I'm having a girl -- my first baby. How are you coming along?

Don't feel bad -- I failed my first sugar test, too.