Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Review

I can't believe the weekend is already over. It went by too fast. We started out Saturday morning having a garage sale. It was a bit chilly. It was our neighborhood wide sales. We found out alot of sales closed early because it was so chilly. So we didn't have many shoppers. We did ok though. My sister was here to help and she had a few things on the sale as well. We still have enough stuff to have another sale (which we are debating). We also thought the neighborhood association was going to put better signs out and we were wrong. So I don't think that helped us either. Over all though we did ok. My mom came after the sale and took us to Kentucky Fried Chicken for Supper.

On Sunday morning Jade learned about cleaning chicken and making a marinade. She wanted to help with stuff but I really didn't want to do much! So I taught her about making chicken. We put it in the marinade and then got ready to head out of town for a few hours. We went to a Mall about 1 hour from our place and had lunch in the food court. Then we went to pick up my late birthday present which I forgot to take a picture of (will do that this afternoon and post it). My present was a frame with a picture collage in it. We do travel an hour now to take pictures. There are places in our town that do but we've had bad luck with all of them. We've had great luck going to JcPenny's. I was told by my cousin's wife how good their pictures are and she was RIGHT! They are also cheaper than those in our town so it works for us. I also had a coupon for JcPenny's for $10 off a $25 purchase. We found Abby 2 white polo shirts and 2 khaki colored skirts for school next fall that were on sale! Then we just did some window shopping and we let the girls play at the Mall in the play area. Then we headed home.


The girls played outside some and Hubby mowed the lawn. We had a friendly visit from someone's dog and the girls just freaked out it was in our yard. I called Animal Control but a lady picked it up before AC got here. Jade tried taking a picture of the dog.



Our chicken turned out great. It was a good home cooked meal (which I don't do as often as I should. We eat out way too much). We had rice and corn with it.


After supper was over the girls helped me clean the kitchen and the dining room floors. I swept the kitchen and Jade insisted that amount of dirt was from a year. However it was just the weekend in and out dirt! Somehow I was able to also get about 4 loads of laundry done this weekend but 2 of them still need to be put away!

I am not ready for it to be Monday morning but I guess that's not up to me.

No comments: