Thursday, May 21, 2009

only 10 minutes!

Wow did I get lucky with the Pink Fairy border! Lastnight as I got out of the tub Hubby was yelling for me to go into the bedroom. I get in there and he was all concerned about where we'll put the bed and how its all going to work out. I think he was hoping I would change my mind and call the whole thing off. So we decided where things would go. Then I sweetly said "Maybe to make things easier we'll just keep the room pink and keep the fairy border". He looked at me like I was crazy and said "No way".

Now have you ever had to take wallpaper off the wall before? Even removing a small border scares me. Well today when I had a free minute I went in there and thought I would just try one corner to see how easy it was to peel off. Well, wow did I get lucky. It pulled right off the wall with no problems. I rolled it all up and you can't even tell the border was up there. Well, except for one small small spot. I think there is just the one spot that I will need to scrape because we had a hard time getting it to stick to the wall in that area. We had to use wallpaper paste to get it to stick. I spent 5 minutes and the wallpaper border is down. Will take about 5 more minutes to get the last bit off. Only a 10 minute project. So not bad.

Good bye Fairy Border. It is alittle sad though. When Abby cleans up her toys (not often) it was one of my favorite rooms.

1 comment:

Nik said...

My dd and I removed her border thats been up for 10 years...it took more work than what you describe (we had to pull the top layer off, then use a scraper for the bottom layer..all the while sponging water on it, etc as we had no clean water spray bottles handy)..but it still didn't take too long (no longer than I expected)..and I had never done this before either! We put it up when she moved to the basement bedroom when she was 4 3/4 years old....doesnt seem that long ago! The room needed serious attention after 10 years!