Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What we do for our children

As time is getting closer to August (well I feel it is) and I continue to grow and wait for my baby boy, Hubby and I have talked about our bedroom situation.
Here are the options:
1: Move Jade downstairs (this nickname stuff has to stop for today, its too much to type). After we give it some major needed TLC!

2: Move Jade and Abby downstairs after major needed TLC!
3: Give our wonderful 3 girls the master suite upstairs with walk-in closet (where I hide my great shopping/clearance deals and my sister's baby gifts- which I can't wait to give to her).
4: Do absolutely nothing and wait until its time for Baby Boy Wynn to move to his own room.
Now as you may have read about 6 months ago I just got my master bedroom and bathroom finished to my liking. The bedrooms on the main level were just painted last June when we moved in. Money wise its cheaper at this point to leave the basement alone.
At first I wanted to honestly turn the basement into my daycare. I could go down there in the morning and come upstairs after all the kids left. It would be like going to work and coming home. But I can not see myself being happy down there ALL DAY/ EVERY DAY when you can't really see out. There is one egress window and we have talked about adding 2 more but you still can't see out as well. So then yes, I thought it would be a great idea to move Jade down there. However its going to take alot of money to get it looking like a nice cozy basement. A place someone would want to go to to sleep. So now I am voting for option 3. I am not excited about giving up my HUGE room. This master suite is the size of our little house! Plus I just got it looking the way I wanted it. Hubby is still voting for option 1.
Well, yesterday morning before I sent Jade to school I talked with her about it. I gave her the options and of course she was a smart girl and voted for option 3. Maddison is too little to vote and she already sleeps up there at night anyways. So she is voting option 3. Abby has always wanted to be sleep upstairs and goes up there during the day at naptime when there is no preschool. She watches cartoons for 20 minutes and then bugs me the rest of nap time! So she is voting option 3!
When Hubby came home from work yesterday I told him I talked with Jade and she would rather be upstairs. I said though I didn't want to re-paint the walls. We could find something girly to go with the brown walls and get them new girly curtains. His response was "Well, I am glad you 4 ladies decided this without me".
So we took a trip to Menards lastnight to look around and try to get some ideas we found some very cute wall stickers. Love the idea of wall stickers! So good bye to the red and hello pink! It actually looks like we picked the shade of brown we have on the walls to match these stickers. I am not excited to give up my suite but I am excited how cool these stickers look. And they are Pink!! Who doesn't love pink? Well, I am sure alot of people but I love it!

I told hubby that I can't help him move beds and dressers but I would find someone to help him. He didn't like that either. He told me he could do it on his own. We might be having a boy but I hate to say this but he's still out numbered!! The girls will always win!!

Now as for Baby Boy Wynn who still has no name, he will be getting Jade's room. I am really hoping this is all done before he arrives. I never got to do a special baby room for Maddison because our other house was so little. She had to sleep in our room and it was crowded in there. So I am excited to do a baby room this time. The walls are currently light green and for now we will leave them green and probably decorate the room in cars and trucks. I got a bedding set on clearance (oh I love clearance) which I have been hiding in the closet since before I even knew it was a boy! I got it very cheap and figured it would always sell on E-Bay if I had a girl. Oh there was butterfly and flower decals on the wall but those got painted over today at naptime!

Hubby and I will be moving to the Pink Fairy room (currently Abby and Maddison's room)! Oh how exciting. Pink Fairies. It is a really cute girls room and I owe my children to my sister for all her help in the painting and hanging the border but sadly it may have to go. I can not imagine telling Hubby at this point we need to keep the Pink Fairy room. I think he would move to the basement himself!

Now no need to worry about space for the 3 girls in the same room. The master suite is huge. It will be perfect for them. They even get a bathroom! The room is large enough too that we don't have use their bunk beds either. Making bunk beds is one job I have never liked.

I will show pictures once everything done. I am hoping to do this over the weekend. Hubby would probably prefer to wait until I say "Hun, its time. I am in labor"! I like to be prepared. I got a huge to do list before the baby arrives. Its only getting started.


Oh and PS I think I was brainwashed by my mother. She had many reasons why "HER" girls shouldn't move downstairs.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Sounds like alot of changes!
Speaking of wall decals...I went to blessedmn's Stampin'up party..and they had these really neat wall decals things..some are very large...and I thought they were very reasonably priced. I like the idea of them coming back off when you are done with them or tired of them.
I dont see any cars and trucks..choo choos, dinos and such...heres a link.....they come in different colors and such...
http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/Decor_ElementsIII_US(1).pdf