Sunday, May 17, 2009

garage sales

Well, I will say it was worth getting up early. I got a lot of baby boy clothes. A few things for Sweet Baby Girl. I even found some toy trucks which I am sure Baby Boy Wynn will love when he's old enough to play and for now Sweet Baby Girl can play with them.

At the first sale I had to buy Sweet Baby Girl and pair of mittens. Yes, it was May, 16th yesterday and it was so windy and cold that she needed mittens. I even saw people having the sales sitting in the garage way in the back corner with winter hats on! Thankfully the mittens were only 25 cents and she actually seemed to like them.

I am so happy with the rugs I found! I bought 2 rugs for $1 each that I have already put down in the laundry room. My laundry room is not a very exciting room but the cement floor is always cold even with socks on. The rugs works great in front of the washer and dryer!

When I went to Garage sales a few weekends ago I wanted to find a jean jacket for Sweet Baby Girl but didn't see one. Yesterday my sister found one! I am not sure how much it was because some sales took the tags off things and others left them on. I think it was $1.50. I also found her a NEW old navy long sleeve shirt for 50 cents! Still has the store tag on it. She will be able to wear it in the fall.

Auntie M bought Sweet Baby Girl a wooden doll cradle! Just $5. I was told to offer less but all we had was $5 bill. Felt funny saying I want a $1 back so we paid the $5 they were asking. For just $3 I got Sweet Baby Girl a wooden pony! She just loves it.

I even bought myself something besides the rugs! Which I hardly ever do. I am always buying for everyone else. I did happen to stop at a sale and she had many many green vases and green dishes. I bought two small little green pieces for my kitchen. They were just 25 cents each.

That's about it for my garage sale excitement. I hope you are as excited as I am about my good deals. My hubby didn't seem interested. The big girls though had fun looking at what I bought. Of course they were excited when I got home. They spend a few hours with dad yesterday at the Water Park! They had a blast.

Maybe sometime this week I get some pictures taken of my hot items!

No comments: