Monday, March 23, 2009

its my party and I will cry if I want to!

So about a month ago I was trying to think about Sweet Baby Girl's birthday party. Every little child turning one needs a party but what do you do? Who should be invited and what should the menu consist of. All that fun stuff.

Well we bought her a special cake, had some pretty princess plates with the number 1 on them, 2 birthday balloons and invited just a few family members. We went with something alittle different for our lunch menu and did a hot dog bar. I had Hubby make hot dogs on the grill and had some different fixings for them like onions to chili. I had also made a couple pasta salads.
Then of course you talk about it all morning to your little one how its her day and everyone is coming to see her.
The guests arrive and all heck breaks loose. Sweet Baby Girl invited her guests in by CRYING. And she cried and she cried. Its not like I invited people she didn't know! She even had a morning nap before guests arrived. We have come to notice that she does better in small groups. She does not like big crowds of people and she does not like being the center of attention.

Well when it came time to have birthday cake you would think most 1 year olds would love having a cake in front of them and would dive right in. I planned for it to be a messy mess! It was nothing of a messy mess. She sat there for a minute and did nothing. Then she cried.

So then she got a nap.
So in the end the cake was what I most looked forward to. And like I said I planned for a messy mess. That it was not. At least not until Rose got into later that night when I was in the laundry room and she got frosting all over the floor. But its ok it was her party, her day. When she is older we can show her the pictures and instead of telling her she made a mess we will tell her she CRIED most of the party! Of Course I still love her and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Not even a messy cake!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

Awwwwwww. what a sweatheart!