Friday, March 20, 2009

Cake Balls

I just got done making Cake Balls! They are Delicious. To die for! My mouth is watering just thinking about how yummy they taste. Are you wondering what Cake Balls are? I will tell you.

I was reading a blog of another daycare provider I have talked with for some time. Sadly we haven't met yet but anyways, I was reading her blog and she posted a recipe for cake balls and commented about wanting to make them for her son's graduation. I figured I would give it a try. I am so glad I did. Like I said- they are to die for. So delicious.


What you do is make any cake mix out of a box you would like. I really recommend Red Velvet. After baking the cake while it is still hot dump it into a large bowl. Add one container of frosting. You can use any kind but I would recommend Vanilla. Stir it all together and mix it well letting the cake crumble. Once that is finished take a cookie sheet and line it with wax paper. Roll the cake mixture into round calls. You will need to pack these tightly. Almost like you do when you make hamburger patties!





Once all the cake is rolled into balls refrigerate them for at least 2 hours. This will cool them down and hardened them some.



After your 2 hours are up take them out of the frig. and melt Almond Bark Chocolate. Best to melt half a package at a time as the choc. will harden. Roll each ball into the choc. and place back onto wax paper. I also took about 4 balls and added coconut to them. You can be creative and melt butterscotch chips and drizzle those on top as well. If you are a peanut lover you could add chopped nuts to the top as well. The choc. will harden fast so you want to add your coconut or other ingredient to the top right away. I found it easier to sprinkle coconut on top rather than roll the choc. ball into the coconut.

These are so yummy but I think I already told you that. I only tried one and I shared it with my Hubby. I am hoping I can contain myself and not eat any more. My plan is to have them last until Sunday when I have company.








If you look closely at the pictures you will notice that I allowed Rose to help be but she got mad when I wouldn't let her eat one. I am so mean. So she got mad and ran off.

No comments: