Tuesday, November 9, 2010

~Jade and Abby's Bedroom~

So the other night I fixed the problem with our children's dressers! It was very easy and less expensive than Hubby's idea. His idea was to buy them bigger dressers! I could see the $$$ signs. Instead I purchased 12 nobs at Wal-Mart for about $13. I changed the knobs on Abby and Maddison's dresser! They had some that had broken off. I also took the time to clean out some older clothes of Abby's that she no longer needed. Savings of ALOT! New dressers are not needed!

I know I have posted pictures of our home before but never of Jade and Abby's room. I was waiting for it to be clean. Ha Ha. Funny thing is I have 4 kids and a dog! I have no time to keep their room clean. They don't seem to either. Well when I was upstairs fixing the dresser I took some pictures of the master suite that belongs to Jade and Abby. I tried not to get the floor of junk!

Get ready for picture over load!

bathroom

View from the bedroom door.

Abby's area.

Jade's area. Picture not so good.
Jade recently upgraded to a very nice full size bed!

We've lived in the house for a bit over 2 years and the sister sign
I bought well before we moved here.
I saw it and had to have it. It came from ebay!

This is the guest area.
We have an extra twin bed at the moment.
This area is always a mess.
Good thing we never have over-night guests.
Jade's desk is also off to the side.

This is our huge family closet.
It stores extra coats and still some
new bath towels from our wedding
(I guess we are saving them for a rainy day
and no I haven't boughten any since way before our wedding)!
It also stores misc. stuff.
Its huge and needs to be cleaned out.

This door is in the hallway upstairs.
Leads to the attic.
We'll soon be taking it down!!!
We're going to be turning the attic into a loft.
The loft will become Maddi's room!

Here's how it will work-

This is behind the door.

See all that area back there. It goes to that huge closet in
Jade and Abby's room.
We'll be taking that wall down and opening it all up.
Then we'll put a new wall up making their closet a normal size closet.

She that white wall. Well its foam.
It should not be there.
Its covering alot of space so that is coming down too!

We're just waiting on some sheetrock help and we'll be getting started.
Shouldn't be too much longer.

MY PLANS are to have the room completed
 in time for Maddison's 3rd birthday
(March 17).
Hubby's plans are to have it completed when it gets completed.

So once that is completed all three girls will have their
very own spaces upstairs!
Mason will have his own room and not have
 to share with Maddison.
He is super excited!


Oh and pictures of the dresser-  Abby and Maddison have matching dressers.

Old knobs, a couple missing.

Nice new knobs!
Nothing fancy but they work great.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Great idea with the knobs! And nice reconstruction plans! My hubby is like yours..it will be completed when its completed! SOunds oh-so-familiar! Money and time play huge roles for us too.

We are trying to finish the long term lower bathroom project..and also to lay an inexpensive wood laminate floor on the main level (dining room, kitchen and entry). Origonally we were to do just the DR, due to our naughty sweet Sugar and her pee pee issue that wrecked the carpet...but decided we should just do the whole level for a more continuous look. We should be able to do it inexpensively by buying it at Sams Club. It will get us by for several years. I might even get a new stove (other is 20 years old and heats the oven funny) and maybe a dishwasher (other has been out of commision for 3 years). It will be like a whole new kitchen to me!!!

But it will be completed, when its completed! LOL

Full House said...

looks like the 3 girls will eventually have a huge room. How much fun for them to all share a big room together but each have their own space. oh, and to have their own bathroom to use too! Sounds like you guys will be busy.