Sunday, November 28, 2010

~Chicken Wild Rice Soup~

8-12 oz. cooked and cut up chicken
4 cups of water
4 bullion cubes, chicken flavor
1 can mushrooms
5 cups cooked wild rice
8 oz. velveeta cheese
12 baby carrots (cut up)

Heat together water and bullion cubes
(or use chicken broth) on the stove.
 Add all ingred.
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour on the stove.
 You could also put all of this in the crockpot.

Remeber when making your rice you want it to be about
5 cups after its cooked!
Not before hand.


I have made this a couple of time and really enjoy it.
I make it for the daycare lunch because my husband is
not a fan of wild rice. This time it turned out more of a hotdish
but that worked grat for feeding the toddlers.

1 comment:

Nik said...

How many points do you suppose a serving is? Sounds yummy to me, but the velveeta I think is a killer?
Nutrition info is what I need, or the packages to all scan to figure out a serving....hmm..maybe I will figure it out for my program...looks good!