Monday, October 11, 2010

~Blankets and things~

I love making fleece blankets.
When my friends from high school have a baby I make them a blanket.
I have also made many for own children.
Jade and Abby were the first two little ones to get blankets from me.
We still have them! They got them the first Christmas I knew them.

This year Mason is getting a HUGE one with red fleece.
There are cars on the red fleece.
The back is just plain blue.

Do you see this cute child on top of the blanket I am trying to make?
She is cute but she was in my way.
So when you ladies talk about having sewing rooms or need one I totally get it.
I might not sew but I tie knots! So I need a knot tieing room.

I am almost finished with this one.
Then I will be making Jade a new one as well.
She has requested a new one for Christmas.
I also have a high school friend expecting her first baby (a boy) around Christmas.
I found some cute fleece for her blanket and can't wait to make it. 
I use one yard of fleece for baby blankets and 2 yards for bigger blankets.
It takes me one hour to make a small blanket and 2 hours to make a big blanket! 
If I don't get too interupted.

I also decorated this for Mason to go in his room.
I think he will get this for Christmas.
The red pail came from Target $ bins for just $2.50!
Then I spent 99cents on the lettering (still have more letters).
I had a hard time finding the right stickers.
These finally came from Wal-Mart. I think they were around $2.00.
So for around $5.49 Mason will have a cute personalized pail!
This will be great for little toy cars.

Mason loves playing peek-a-boo.

He also loves sitting on his little couch!

No comments: