Monday, October 4, 2010

~Bits and Pieces~

So did you miss me? I haven't had a blog post since Thursday. But really you have not missed much. I have been alittle crabby. We all have our moments right?

I'm going to tell you this right from the begining that this will be bits and pieces of stuff. Some good and some bad. Read it or don't! Like it or hate it!

I have to be honest with all of you I am pissed off. I am trying really hard to be "cool" if that is the right word but I just can't always be. My family is hurting. my mother, my aunts and uncles, my grandmother, my cousins. They are all hurting and I can not fix it. Most importantly my grandpa is hurting also. He's hurting differently than we are.

God has a plan for us all, right? We never know what that plan is until it gets here. Right now I guess I am not too happy with his plan. I want to be mad. I want to scream. I want to yell at someone. Then I remember that if it wasn't for God I wouldn't even be here.

My grandpa is fighting cancer. Its not good. He had lots of cemo last winter and he beat that part of his cancer. Now though its getting harder because its spreading. Its in his brain and now in his colon.

I do not like what this is doing to my family. They are all hurting. I read messages my cousins leave on their facebook page and I want to help them understand. How can I do that when I myself don't always understand why things happen the way they do.

How do you stay strong at a time like this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note I started trying out the weight watchers diet. Hard to do when there's alot of stress right now but I am trying. I have changed a few things about how I eat. I am really hoping this can work for me. A friend/ daycare provider is also doing it and that kind of got me started. We went to eat the other night at Applebees and tried one of their weight watchers meals. It was actually really good.


So until next time what ever it is that you are dealing with in your life I hope God can give you the strength you need to get through it.

Fall Blessings to all my readers!

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

Blessings to you too, Amy. Have you bought into the WW program? Doing meetings and such? I tried it on my own for a couple months last summer and lost about 10 lbs, but it was hard to stay on....I really need to do something again!