Tuesday, August 24, 2010

~Vacation Part 2~

So I just happen to forget to mention in my post, vacation part 1, that we stopped at Ikea after dinner Friday night. We had never been there so we had no idea what to expect. They did have an area you could have your potty trained children go to to play while you shopped but I didn't feel Maddison was ready for that and didn't think it was fair to allow the other girls to go and not Maddison. So we started looking around. I actually felt lost. I was thinking for the first time shoppers you should get a tour guide to walk you through the store. Oh well our shopping trip was well over before we even made it threw half the store. Abby was terrible and mad about something. Every time we'd start walking after looking at something she would stand there and freeze. She wouldn't move. So we just did our best to ignore her but also were careful to not loose site of her as it is a big store. That and alot of shoppers when we were there. It was frustrating though. Maddison insisted on being carried. She isn't all that light anymore. So we took turns trying to carry her but it wasn't easy. So we offered her the stroller and put Mason in a cart. That only lasted about 5 minutes. Jade did well for the most part. She just insisted on touching EVERYTHING. Then once Mason got fussy we gave up the idea of shopping and went back to the hotel.

Anyways, we did stay the night. I was up at 4am with Mason who was having a hard time sleeping. I did get a quick 40 minute nap between 4am- 7am. So I was rather tired getting up in the morning.

We got to the Mall early which was nice to get there before its really busy. We did some looking around and people watching (what a hoot to watch some of the people there). Then we ate some yummy lunch at Ruby Tuesday's.

Things were going alot better for us Saturday.

They have a butterfly display that we went threw. It was filled with very pretty butterflies. Abby and Jade just loved it. It was only about $2 a person. I think Mason and Maddi were free. You could spend as much time as you wanted in there.

We found some shoes for the big girls for school after leaving the mall. Oh and of course a trip to the cities is not complete unless hubby stops at at least one or two fish stores. So we did that too.

Then we got home at 9pm and had NO POWER. I could see though that our neighbors had lights on though. So I asked hubby right away if it was possible a fuse blew when we were gone. He checked and that was fine. So after calling the utilitie company to learn we had no power in 2 places in town we got power an hour later. It was out a total of 3 hours. So late night in the Wynn house.

Now if you have been reading my blog for awhile you will know that the Mall of America seems to be out vacation spot ALL THE TIME. Next time I will not allow it. I'm going somewhere else!

Maddi and Abby on their ride!


Maddison feel alseep on daddy's lap at lunch.

Maddi made her very own hello kitty at build-a-bear.


Abby made a bunny rabbit.
(Jade wanted a pillow pet instead)

Meeting Dora and Deigo! Maddi was alittle scared, I think.
Abby wouldn't come with us.

Butterflies!

1 comment:

Nik said...

I love IKEA! We got our mattress there and some of Shelbys furniture..I figure its disposible if it doesn't last..but shes had it a few years and so far so good!

They have a cafeteria in IKEA...with a fantastic chocolate layer cake...moist and tall and yummy everytime!

I also buy my daycare silverware there. Its a dollar or $2....can't remember and I need more!!! I will have to go soon! I should have popped over there while the teens shopped on Saturday and I hovered!