Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Backpack and Tuna!

Jade got a new backpack for 3rd grade.
She also got a matching lunch bag!

Rumor has it Jade thought I was crabby. At least that's what she told Gradma Robin.
So just in case I was I took her out to lunch and to do some school shopping.
Just the 2 of us.


Subway lovers~ I am not happy with Subway.
Jade wanted lunch there.
Ok, fine.
I asked for a footlong tuna since that is a $5 sandwich.
I don't do chips. Figured leftover sandwich could be saved for later.
Jade asked for a kids pack with Tuna.

Lady put tuna on the bread and then said
"sorry we're no longer aloud to do tuna on kids packs".
She already had tuna on the bread.
She told me we needed to pick another meat or
not get a tuna kids pack and go for a tuna 6 inch.

Now I had gotten this for Jade many times before but I guess its a new thing.
I said well you already made it we'll just take this one.
She said there was no kids pack tuna on her register.

The lady said NO NO.
Seriously they could ring it up a turkey sandwich one time?
I asked her what she was going to do with the sandwich and the
other lady there said throw it away.
I was pissed. I said you're going to waste a good sandwich you just made?

So I got mad and said I didn't belive in wasting and since
I couldn't eat a full footlong we were
NOT buying another sandwich, we would share.
And sure enough I watched the lady toss
a perfectly good 3 inch kids sandwich in the trash.

No comments: