Friday, June 18, 2010

Plantar Fasciitis

So yesterday I had butterflies in my tummy all morning.

An appointment was scheduled for 1:30pm at my local clinic with my doctor. It was a follow up from when I went in and was told I had Patelloferal Syndrome.... yes this was my 6 week follow up. More like 6 months actually. I put it off awhile.

Well I went in also for my feet because they have been hurting. Not overly bad that I can not stand it but bad enough that I would like to fix the problem. They have been hurting some for a few weeks now.

So we breifly talked about my legs and shoes and how that was going.

Then I asked about my feet. He knew right where they hurt by me just saying I have feet that hurt. I have what is called Plantar Fasciitis- yes double ii! Basically my feet are going to hurt for 6-18 months. I need to do some feet streaches to make them feel better. There's no quick fix here. No medication to take for it.

One of the things I can do it try picking up a washcloth laying on the floor by using my toes. Sound fun? Sounds like more thing I don't have time for.

This happens to be so comman in people that when I got home from my appt. I found out that both my mom and dad have had this.

So all in all it wasn't that bad of an appt. I found out my doctor and his wife are having a baby in a few weeks. I reminded him that newborns don't sleep! Hey he told me to go on a diet. The least I could do was tell him he wasn't going to get sleep for awhile!

No comments: