Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2 years in the Castle!

Wow, can you believe its been two years that we have been in our new house! It was two years ago today that my daycare opened in the new house! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I also can't believe how many house projects we are still trying to work on. I am sure any house though we would have house projects. For the most part we are loving our house. The space yes, my dining room, no. I'll never be able to count how many times I have to walk around the dining room table to get to where I need to go. Its in the middle and not such a great place. But over all we love our house. Our basement is so close to being finished. We almost had some furnature for it as well but that deal doesn't look like its going to happen (long story that would have been prevented if my husband and his co-worker would have exchanged phone numbers). So anyways, I wanted share a picture of our old doll house and a picture of othe castle we now live in!! Seriously when we first moved in that is what it felt like.

Our Doll House!




Our Castle!



4 comments:

Full House said...

If you are looking for some really nice used furnature you might want to call your Auntie Ruth! She was just talking about some that her friend Ann is selling and it sounds like some pretty nice stuff!

Nik said...

House projects are endless! We have lived in our house for going on 17 years..we did a fence and swingset, brick patio, arbor, shed, driveway addition and landscaping (which is never complete!)...inside we added loads of custom cabinets, finished the basement (all but the bathroom we are now working on...but it all needs new carpet and paint again)...we did custom railings we created ourselves after knocking out these arch things....just did all new windows and doors this fall...got a new room and several major applicances like furnace and such....

Some day I will get a new kitchen and upstairs bath and get it all painted again....like I said..something always needs doing! LOL I don't want to move cuz its just starting to get like I want it (minus some more sq footage maybe...LOL).....

Congrats on the Castle-versary!

Nik said...

Roof..I meant roof, not a new room.....LOL

~Dinah said...

We've lived in our home that hubby built for 6 years and there is still a lot to do! I wish we had the extra $$$ to do more.