Monday, May 24, 2010

Bits and pieces

Saturday morning the kids and I got up and got ready to leave town. The Hubs was already gone to work for some manditory overtime... we love these days but at times we dislike them too. Mandiroty means he has to work from 6am-2pm. When they have voluntery overtime he can leave at 10am if we have plans for the day.

Anyways, Hubby was working. I got all 4 of the kids ready and into the van at 8:58am. I was proud of myself since 9am was my goal! We headed out and stopped at a few garage sales. Didn't really get any deals worth sharing or anything to get real excited about. Then we headed out of town. We had a 2 hour dirve ahead of us. I haven't ever driven more than about an hour alone with the kids but it went well.

We went and had lunch with one of my aunts and my 3 cousins. It was a good lunch and a great visit. I hadn't seen my aunt since Maddison was a baby.

After lunch we back tracked a bit and went to my unlces house for a visit. Another great visit and some yummy chocolate cake. The girls enjoyed seeing horses and cats! Oh and some family too!

After that visit we headed home. Another 2 hours in the van. They girls and Mason did really well though. Both little ones slept all the way home and the big girls watched Lassie (garage sale item) on the portable DVD player.

While we had been gone the hubs worked in the yard and enjoyed Taco Bell! He finished my border around my daycare sign and also got the sign cemented in!

My wonderful Husband, Danny finished
the border and layed the plastic!

On Sunday we spent most of the day outside working and slaving away. I planted flowers and tried to watch the kids at the same time! The big girls, well they tried to pick some rock but it was just so hot. So we finally got the little pool out and filled it up with water! Danny tried to work on getting our new railing done. Things didn't go so well with that. The materials costed us double what we first estimated so we were not overly excited about that. We had purchased some spindles that are supposed to slide into a board on top and a board on the bottom. He got the bottom but then couldn't get the top to fit. Not sure if its just us or if we got a bad board. So our railing isn't done yet.

We have been recycling small rock. There was rock hidden in the weeds and bushes along the house when we bought it from a previous owner. We have been slowly picking the rock and getting it in place where we want it. My sister and dad helped us move alot of it along the side of the house when we first moved in. We moved it and then layed plastic and put the rock back on top! So now for the area around the sign the rock is coming from the front of the house where we're working on the steps. It has been alot of work but it was saved us alot of money. We have purchased a few bags of rock to add to the side of the house. As you can probably see in the picture we still need to add more rock to this area.








Sometimes I just wish I had enough money to hire out jobs like this.
Oh well it will get done at some point!





Mason did his best being helpful! He had to go inside a few times because it was just so hot out. He did not like when I tried putting him in the pool so he watched his big sisters instead.
Yes, Jade should have a bigger pool!



Abby being goofy and Maddison playing in the water table!

No comments: