Monday, April 12, 2010

Something for me...

We traveled this weekend because oh how Hubby just needs to get away. He just doesn't like this town. So usually we head to his fish stores when he's in one of these moods. I swear if he can find a way to move he will move us.
But anyways, this time it was about the kids and I! No fish store stop unless you count stopping at Petco but no stops at his "Official Pet Stores".

We got to see some animals at the Zoo. Jade got to participate in story time as well. We had alot of fun. Mason got his first cap and he actually kept it on! Maybe just maybe he will keep it on next time too.

Me well I finally got to go to a school supply store with the help of the GPS on Hubbys phone (that at one time I thought was pointless but after this weekend we'll be keeping that GPS on his phone)! I was in heaven going into that store. I wish I would of had more time and money but I did pick up the paper I wanted (but forgot to get orange, who forgets about orange) and a few other things. I also got a couple of ideas for things I would like to purchase down the road for my daycare. So yes, I kind of got something for me but kind of more for the daycare.


The girls had to swim in the kitty pool because someone got sick in the big pool.
I wasn't overly happy either that the hotel wouldn't give us a discount on the room. Jade was actually too big for the kitty pool and hubby didn't get to swim like planned.
I don't think I would stay at this hotel again.
The heater/ ac thing int he room never kid shut off. It ran all night and made a weird noise.
Also to flush the toilet you had to stand there and hold the handle down for 5 minuntes.
We told them about the toilet thinking maybe it just so happened the one we had in our room was broken but the lady at the front dest said they were all like that.


There was a beautiful flower garden area at the Zoo.
There were even fish in the water.

Mason wearing his new cap!
He's holding a stuffed monkey that he got as well that has a
blanket and toy banana!

The plan was to use the bathroom and then leae the Zoo. But it just so happen we were in the right place at the right time! It was story time at the Zoo. The lady read Frog on a log! Jade got to be the frog. The kids in the audience also got to participate by placing bugs in the net and the lady would give them to Jade the Frog to eat! It was a cute story. Maddison even sat for the whole thing!

My newest goodies!
I can't belive I forgot to get orange paper. I remembered all the other colors. I also got 2 whiteboards with lines on them for the girls to use instead of always using paper for spelling words and things.
I was very proud of myself... I gave myself a budget before I went in. I even had the lady tell me the total before she rang up the blue paper holder. I was under budget so I got it! I left the store with $3 left from what I told myself I could spend. I even got a new calender for circle time.
I plan to do some things with dinasours next month so I found a great dinasour book
I know the kids will love.
In my line of work this is really exciting (some of you are probably thinking what's the big deal)!!!

1 comment:

mom4 said...

i know where you where this week end como and lakeshore , which i

was just talking i need to go and pick up paper hehe
glad you all had fun and sorry about hotal let me know that one to never stay