Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wow, is it really Thursday already?

My days have been busy and so have my nights.

I have had 2 temperary children in my daycare this week. Temperary, thankfully. Good kids but the one does not get along with another child in my care. They butts heads like crazy. I just want to make it threw the week! When certain kids don't mix well together it really makes for long days.

My nights have been busy cleaning up the pukies from Maddison. I think I count 5 times this week so far. Four have been in the night and one right away in the morning when she woke up. Her poor tummy was rock hard lastnight. I felt so bad for her. She seems to be doing fine today. I am waiting for a call back from the doctor. For now though i think she needs to go back to taking the Miralax each day rather than every other. I also did some on-line reading on Constipation. Yes, very exciting. So I will use what I read to work on her diet better until we get her into the doctor. She had an appointment already set for March 22. We will keep that for not unless they want to see her sooner. I think we can rule out the acid reflex (at least in my opinion). They had put her on something for that but I am really thinking the pukies come from the constipation. She has gone January 23- March 1 without any troubles. I guess we got too excited at how well she was doing.

Hubby took Mason on Tuesday for his 6 month check up. He is 17 pounds 14 oz. big and 27 inches long. He is much bigger than Maddison was at this age. He is doing well for his age. Mason's doctor told Danny not to worry about giving him baby food. He said its a waste of money and we should give him what we're having for supper. He also said NOT TO give him tummy time???? Now what's up with that? This I have never heard of. I have always been told how wonderful tummy time is for kids.

Jade and Abby have been trying to keep their room clean (I don't think it will ever happen). I had an interview yesterday (someone who just showed up that I had spoken to on the phone) and Ms. Jade and Ms. Abby were very rude and did not follow any of the rules while the lady was here. I will be shocked if she ever calls me. I did apoligize to her and say "As you probably noticed these two are mine". I mean really imagine Abby who gets upset when she doesn't get her way and she huntches over. She looks like her sholders are going to fall to the floor and her bottom lip sticks out. I finally had to give her a time out at the table after telling her the same thing 3 times. Do you think she willingly went to the table? Heck no. I had to carry her to the table while this lady was her. Jade never did stop talking. I can not count the number of times she interupted me. She told the lady everything to her room being messy, to the bump on her head, to Maddison puking all the time. Yeah, things we maybe didn't need to tell the lady right away. I was rather embarrased. They both ended up getting sent to their room after she left. I've had some wacky interviews but that one was the worse every. Oh and also while the lady was here the girl who I am watching just this week decided it would be fun to hit another girl with a toy right on the face for NO REASON. To make it all worse the lady was interviewing for an infant spot. Yes, this is a brand new mother. She probably quit her job today!

1 comment:

Nik said...

So they said just go to table food..or mush it up for him?

I think everyone should have a small food processor..and just zip up some of what they are eating until they can do just a cut up version...or use leftovers and make it into baby food and freeze it for another day(but to maybe start off like we all do, one fruit of veggie at a time for a few days to rule out allergies)...BUT...a healthy meal plan also comes into play here...so a DR needs to use some caution with such a recommendation! Not everyone eats a good amount of fruits and veggies and lean meats and whole grains.

If you are eating "snow Burger" (thats what I call the lower % burger...more "snow" in it)...breaded meats, high fatty things all the time.....well..not the best plan really for a baby (or anyone really) don't cha think? Dr's need to be careful with that!

I will never buy store bought baby foods again (except for a thng of prunes to have in the cabinet just in case!)Just need some time, ice cube trays and freezer baggies...and food processor (my last one was $35 at Sams Club! I need a new one cuz I killed mine 2 weeks ago on a mega batch of avacados....UGH!)