Monday, March 15, 2010

Dog Poo

Our neighborhood has an association that holds meetings and I have been able to get on their email list. I get reminders of meetings and also get the minutes emailed to me after the meetings. I haven't been able to attend a meeting but by getting these emails I have been notified of things such as our neighborhood garage sales and things like keeping the street lights on.

Well not long ago some women was walking her not so cute dog and it pooped on my sidewalk. I just so happen to be looking out the window at the time and she did not pick it up! She kind of kicked some snow over it. I don't have a dog and I don't want others to think I want their dogs poop!

So today I recieved an email from the neighborhood association. So I voiced my opinion on the dog poop problem!

This is what I wrote:

I am not sure if this appropriate or not but I live on the corner of north ninth and fir street. We have been here almost 2 years now and I have to say I love this neighborhood. We moved from SE ------. THe first thing I noticed when we moved was how many FAMILIES and other take the time to walk or jog. We didn't see much of that at our other home. Anyways, I have noticed not only on my sidewalk but other areas around the neighborhood that some are forgetting to pick up the dog poo! Now I don't have a dog because I don't care for any kind of dog poo! Maybe we all just need to be reminded to clean up after our little furry friends.
Would it be at all possible to forward this message to everyone or mention it at the meeting. I don't want to come off rude or anything but its hard even if you do have a dog to get the stuff off your shoes if you step in it.
Thanks so much. Amy Wynn

No comments: