Friday, March 12, 2010

MRI

Maddison started her morning by getting up on her own at 6:00AM. Thankfully she did not try to weasel me into giving her a sippy cup like she normally does. She got to play play-doh we got ready for the day. Her sisters had to get ready for school.

Once we got to the clinic and got to our room the nurse asked me LOTS of questions and Maddison made sure we all new this was her chair. She crawled in it right away and said "MINE". Of course it was her day so she got the chair!

After the nurse looked Maddison over and took her temp and things Maddison got time to play and ride in the wagon. She loved loved loved the wagon. The clinic had a great set up for her to be able to go out even into the hallway and turn around and come back. In the one picture she is waving to the nurses who were at the nurses station (They were there all day. They really seemed like they had NOTHING to do).


This is Maddison after she had an oral medication to put her to sleep. I helped give Maddi the medication and then Daddy and Maddison watched some Lion King movie. That only lasted about 2 minutes and then I got to hold Maddi again and help get her to sleep. I think that was the worst 15 minutes of the day. Maddison kept flinging her head back and I was afraid she would hit her head. Maddison tried so hard to stay awake but after about 15 minutes she was sleeping peacfully.

We had arrived to the clinic about 8:45am. Maddison was alseep at about 10:40am.

Then we waited a few minutes and the MRI guy came to get Maddison and I. I wanted to go with to see where Maddison was going.

After about 20 minutes the MRI was complete and then Maddison was taken back to the room.
She slept for awhile. The nurse stayed with her after the MRI so daddy and I could get a quick snack. We also got her something from the gift shop. When we got back to the room hubby gave me an angle he bought me from the gift shop while I was with Maddison getting her MRI done (another angle for my collection...willow tree).

I was back in Maddison's room by 12:00 to watch her sleep and enjoy watching my soap opera!

Then when it was time we started to walk Maddison up alittle. This is a picture of her waking up on my lap. She has her new precious moments doll from the gift shop! It plays the prayer Now I lay me down to sleep!

We tried giving her juice since it was 1am since he had anything to drink (was now almost 2pm). They are lucky it wasn't me. I would have been screaming for more than juice if I hadn't had anything since 1am!

Maddison had more rides in the wagon so we could wake her up good. Then we got her dressed and headed out to take her to eat lunch. We took her to Red Lobster. I was thinking since their kids meals at $5.00 she could share my shrimp alfredo linguni pasta with me. Well that didn't go so well. After I took a few bites and had already put some on her plate she took my plate! She took my pasta! She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough. She was so hungry. By the end of our meal though I could tell she was very sleepy. She slept all the way home!

We arrived home about 5:45pm. We had a short message from the doctor that the MRI went well and things looked ok. She said in the message she wanted to talk about a few things. What that means I don't know. I called the clinic but was told to call today. So I called at 7:30 and was told both doctors we have been working with are gone until Monday. So I won't know anything beyond that until Monday.

Oh I forgot to mention we left Red Lobster and hubby wanted to run into a store quick. I stayed in the van with Maddi and tried to call grandma Robin who was home with Mason and the big girls. I couldn't find my cell phone. I looked in my purse and in Maddison's bag. Hubby called it when he got back out to the van. So we went back to Red Lobster and they had it! Somehow it fell by the booth we sat at. So then we called grandma to tell her we were finally on our way home!


Once we got home we noticed Mason had a new chair that grandma bought him. She was told not to buy anything more for the kids. She doesn't listen.

Maddison was soaking up lots of attention from grandma Robin and even enjoyed a sip of her diet coke.

Things went by really fast yesterday and went really well. Maddison did a wonderful job. I was a bit sad when leaving because I felt bad grandma Robin couldn't come with. But after thinking about earlier in the week we felt it was best to have her here at the house to watch Mason and so when the big girls got home from school. She spolied them with a trip to the dollar store and super at McDonald's.
I did get a bit teary eyed once I was holding Maddison and she was sleeping. Its hard to get your almost 2 year old to sit still on your lap much less to sleep all cuddled up in your arms.

One of the hard things about parenting is staying strong when your kids are sick or hurting. If we're not strong for them we can not expect them to be strong either.


1 comment:

~Dinah said...

Glad she did a good job! I hope you get some answers.