Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Maybe an answer

I got a chance to talk with Maddison's doctor yesterday that scheduled her to have the MRI.

It looks like nothing major was wrong!! Thank goodness.

Maddison does however have what she called a Sinus Disease. This can easily be treated with a medication for 2 weeks. I did google it and it did explain to me a few of the things I have noticed with Maddison the last few weeks such as bad  horrible breathe, toothaches, hot to the touch, more tired, and possibley abnormal sence of taste (she is such a picky little eater).

From the internet:
Sinus disease is the inflammation of the lining of the sinus cavities present in the skull. Sinus cavities which are normally air filled, become filled with mucous due to lack of proper drainage through the nasal passage. This inflammation could be due to viral or bacterial infection. Allergies could also cause this disease.

Symptoms could include:


Cough

Toothache

Malaise

Facial Pain

Stuffy Nose

Postnasal Drip

Discharge From Nose

Abnormal Sense of Taste

Pain

Headache

Fatigue

Fever

Sore Throat

Snoring

General Weakness

Tired

Bad Breath

Irritability

Runny Nose

Earache

Eye Pain

Jaw Pain

Frontal Headache

Loss of sense of smell

Feels Hot to Touch

 
Now lets talk about medication. It was called into our local pharmacy we use. Hubby went to pick it up and called to tell me that we have it at home from before. Now I had never heard of this medication before so I knew we did not have it. The pharmacy was claiming that it could not be filled until March 21 again.
 
So I called the clinic to see if they for some reason sent the wrong prescription over or if they could change the medication. They did not want to change it. I had waited on hold for 10 minutes while trying to play outside with the kids.
 
Then the clinic called the pharmacy and called me back. They told me to call the insurance company. Now supposedly they just didn't want to pay for it.

I called insurance company and waited on hold 10 more minutes. They told me that the pharmacy had processed the claim at 11:58am yesterday and wanted to process it again at 4pm when we were trying to actually pick up the medication. So it was mistake on the pharmacy. Go figure.
 
Hubby went back to the pharmacy to tell them they already processed it and we finally got her medication!
 
Now if you remember from previous posts Maddison on a medication for acid reflux (zantac) and also a vitamin with iron (flinstones and she hates them). Well the new medication can not be taken within 2 hours of any iron medicaion or antiacid medication... good thing I read the new medication over well. And yes she is still on the miralax. She is tired of medications! Well at least I am.
 
So anyways, hopefully we got the answers we were looking for. Hopefully no more vomit. We just now need to get her unconstipated! Oh I don't think that is really a word but you know what I mean!

Now we can try and figure out Jade's issues and Hubby's issues. Jade has and appt. Wednesday. She is having a hard time in school getting her work done. Not sure what the reason is for. Hoping for answers on Wednesday. Hubby is complaining of his wrist hurting because he fell about 2 weeks ago on the ice. So he's hoping to get an appt. this week as well (which I of course have to call and make).
He also has carpentunnel issues.
Oh what next?!?!?!
Maybe I should have been a doctor.
Ok, maybe not.

No comments: