Monday, February 22, 2010

Therapy Session 202

Oh today hasn't been a good day. I am sitting here waiting for a call back from a LAWYER. Yes, a lawyer. Those people who make alot of money and have ways of getting into that court room. Those people who start the time clock every time you call them.

Its been over 2 years as most of you know since we've had Jade and Abby full time. We are still waiting for a court date to make it all finalized. Of course for child support you get one right away. This helps the county from having to help people. Hubby had that back in October to only find out their birth mom lives off the state she lives in. Ok, no good for us. But to get this finalized we have to wait how long? This is just down right insane. I am not a happy person. I hate the way the system works. We call and they tell us to call the Gaurdian at litem. Why? We no longer have one. So we call the old one. She tells us she submitted the papers to the court but will submit them again. She tells us to give it up to 3 months. Ok so we wait and nothing happens. How long do we play this game?

I also just told hubby he should call there again and question why we haven't gotten a court date. Then I get a phone call today from the tax guy to tell me someone already claimed ABBY. Excuse me? What happen? What does that mean for us?

That means to us alot of BS. Alot of messing around. Now we have to mail in our taxes with a cover letter exlpaining we have the right to claim her.

In late summer both parites will be notified by the IRS (everyone's bestfriend) to find out who lied on their taxes.

Now as some of my readers who are daycare providers or other business owners you don't just get a w-2 and turn that into your tax person. You have billions of recipts you have saved that are for business things, you have all your personal recipts (at least I do). I just pray this doesn't turn into some type of audit. The last thing I want is IRS people here digging through my very unorganized paperwork system.

I have to say when I heard that someone else claimed Abby I felt robbed of her Social Security number. I am now starting to think both her and Jade should just get new numbers (is that possible). She is my daughter. She has been for 2 years and I have every right to claim her as mine!

SHE IS MY DAUGHTER!

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

yes, amy, you can file papers for a new SS number. Of course, it costs, but I can't remember how much. We did this because of a very simialr situation. Just think, this "person" has access to your daughters' futures through ID fraud. "She" can obtain credit cards through this false SS number and all kinds of other scary things.

HUGS!! Hang in there. I really think you need an attorney who knows how to handle your type of adoption because it sounds very fishy to me that it is taking this long. Has bio-mom terminated rights? Then really you can petition the courts and you will get a date within weeks.

Nik said...

Hugs to you!

And YES..having someone else, someone not know for their integrity, having access to your SS# is not a safe way to ensure your future credit, let alone the issues you are facing now.

We have dealt with identity theft for so many years..it started before the fed gov't decided they needed a whole section and departments and a name for it....and its no easier now. And all it took was someone getting my hubbys name and SS# connected (we think from a very old check stub that was stuffed into the glove box of a car he sold...he was young and it was pay day Fridays..and thats where he shoved the stubs when he went straight to the bank at lunch time to cash those big $200 checks!

20+ years later...being thought guilty the entire time, having alot of nasty , mean things said to us by credit collection places..and I still fear applying for credit and finding new fraudulent stuff (about 50% of the time there still is...from 20 years ago...sometimes its just a wrong past address..sometimes an account or electric bill type thing at a home we never had.....its endless)....I have a full file cabinet of the paper trail now, so it is easier to prove innocent now....