Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brownies and Tuna!

So yesterday wasn't really the day I had hoped for. Really hoping today goes alot better. It was brought to my attention that social security numbers are really nothing to joke around about. This could lead to some serious issues in the future with credit card fraud or who knows what. I am going to stay calm about this. I will not yell, scream, throw things, or shout out how frustrated I am that we do need to assume the other party would actually do that. A person has no idea what another person is willing or capable of doing. Hubby and I are going to get both Jade and Abby a new SS number. Just need to check into this and see what the process is. I think its best. There is always something to add to the to do list!

But on another note.... most of you know I am Catholic. My children (yes, all 4) are baptized Catholic. Its lent season. Last year the big girls and I gave up gum for the lent season. This has worked really well for me. I mastered it during lent. Since then I had only chewed one piece until yesterday when I had to chew one more so I could get the tooth paste cover out of the drain that Abby dropped. Anyways, Its lent season again so I thought wow the gum thing worked even after lent was over. Lets try giving up Chocolate!

Wow, was that a dumb pick. My hubby bought chocolate cake last Friday night. I tried to say no but it hurt. I couldn't do it. And now I have brownies in the oven and its not even 8AM. So much for no more Chocolate!

A house is not a home without love, kids and chocolate!

Oh and the other thing, no meat on Fridays is just down right torchure. We should get to pick one day a week to skip meat. Why Fridays? I don't mind certain kinds of fish, shrimp and I even do enjoy crab legs. However I do not get hungry for them on Fridays! Today I am hungry for a tuna sandwich. But now if I have that today, what will I put on Friday's menu?

Maybe I will feel better after a warm brownie!

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

Mmmmmmmmm tuna melts. YUM!

You'll just have to get Danny to take you out for a Friday fish fry! :)

Nik said...

My hubby tried a new fish recipe last night...hes the cook around here!

It was Talapia...very Lime and garlic-y. We will modify it a bit for next time...less lime maybe and a few short cuts to make it quicker to prepare...I really liked it tho. I never realized how much I like fish. My hubby makes a FANTASTIC grilled salmon....sweet tasting...its my daughters absolute favorite food since she was little (salmon in many flavors)...I can share the recipe if you want to get adventerous...when dd was little we just called it pink meat or pink fish...it was enough to get her to eat it...PINK worked!