Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My funky kitchen

For Valentine's day I got not one but two new cupboards! My kitchen is currently alittle mismatch but it works! I never had anything right next to the stove. I also was lacking on counter space. Since hubby put in my dishwasher right before Christmas I lost a cupboard and was using the oven for storage! Yes, not a good idea. So we were at Menards and I came accross some counter tops. I just thought oh let's glance at them for future ideas. When I saw that they were only $2 each I started freaking out. To me that was ONE HOT DEAL! Of course they are leftover peieces but I don't care. So then we looked at the cupboards. We have looked at other things to buy for next to the stove but everthing was so costly or not the right size. So when we looked at the cupboards both hubby and I agreed we should get one.

Then once that was kind of in place I decided we needed one for on the wall above it! Of course I got it but it was the worst trip back to Menards ever (Maddison was crabby and cried the whole time).

I have 3 different cupboards in my kitchen now and 2 different counter tops! Oh well it works for now. Plan it to some day (hopefully soon) fix that. We figured if it doesn't work to keep the new cupboards when we re-do our kitchen we will move them to the laundry room!

The one picture is me sanding down the wall. Yes, my shirt is over my nose! It smelled. Our walls are texured (not from us but previous owners) so it needed to be sanding for the new cupboard to fit flush with the wall. I think I almost have hubby convinced that since our hoodvent above the stove is off-white and all our appliances are white we should just replace it with a microwave! That would clear up alot more space on the counter! He's almost ready to tackle that I think. I think I need Jade to remind him how much work I do! We did try to look at them the last time we were at Menards but Maddison did not allow us more than a minute or two.

When the job was done I couldn't belive how much dust it made. I had to clean and wipe down the whole kitchen. My family came to town Sunday night for supper so they stopped over to help hubby hold the wall cabinet up to make sure it got lined up right with the other cabinet.

1 comment:

~Dinah said...

I love deals!

To answer your question on my blog--I have a Sony Cybershot W150. I love my camera. :) But I want a nice Nikon SLR. Too bad I saved all the money, but now the money is going to lawyer fees, but I guess that's a good cause too. ;D ANYWAYS, the sony is a really nice camera, but what really helped me was taking a community ed class last year--taught me a lot about the functions on my camera.