Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Updates on the little ones


On Monday hubby took Maddison to the doctor for a follow up on her poop issues. It was a waste of time. They wouldn't do a stomach x-ray to see if she is cleared up or not. The doctor never did anything. They said to give her Miralax for 2 more months.
I am really unsure about what to do now. What if in 2 months she is not cleared up, then what? What if she is already cleared up? Does she really still need this medication? I think its hard to know this if we don't get an x-ray of her stomach.
Mason went to the doctor Wednesday afternoon. I had a feeling they were just going to tell me he had a cold but they said he has BRONCHIOLITIS. His breathing sounds funny and he has been coughing alot. For now we need to just keep a close eye on his breathing and if it seems like he is having a hard time or he develops a fever we need to take him back in. He still smiles so I know he is doing alright! We need to just let this run its course.

2 comments:

Nik said...

I feel your pain on the belly issued with Maddison. I am having my own tummy issues...just not sure what and have had thousands of $ (with insurance) of tests done, time off work for them, etc...and I get answers that include a line of treatment that I do not think is the answer at all. Its frustrating!

Just do whats best for her..I know you will!

DM Selly said...

If you feel that you want more done about Maddison tummy issues, I would get a second opinion. Mommies know their children the best. I would be looking into this more. I'm surprised they haven't done any kind of x-ray. I would think they would want to make sure there isn't something that is causing some kind of blockage. Have they suggested working with a dietitian at all? I can't remember all the details from you past posts, but maybe it has something to do with certain foods. I'm no doctor, but I don't like when things seems to be just brushed off and not looked more into. We have been working with a dietitian for Kai for a long time now. I wasn't really getting anywhere with his doctor, so I switched and I am so glad that I did. Hope things for her get figured out soon.