Monday, January 11, 2010

Mason
Last Thursday Mason went in for his 4 month check-up. He was actually going in about 5 days later than I would have liked him to but that's the only day I could get an afternoon appointment. Last Thursday was the day our car broke down so I was worried all day that hubby wouldn't make it home in time from work so Mason could get to the doctor. Then of all things I had a surprise daycare visit from my County Licensor. They pop in once a year when you are least expecting it to make sure you have all your paperwork up to date and things are in order. I was just not having a good day and when I saw her I just wanted to sit down and cry. I didn't though. I kept my cool and showed her what she wanted to see. Well she got here at 2pm. Mason's apt. was at 3:10. Thankfully she was down with her spying on me within 45 minutes and I was able to get Mason ready on time for his apt. Hubby also made it home from work on time.
So Mason got weighed. He is now 15 pound 3 ounces. He is the size Maddison was at 6 months. I was thinking Mason was bigger than she was at 4 months but wasn't sure so I looked it up to make sure. He is growing like a weed. He started eating some baby cereal in the evening. Maddison never liked it so we'll see how well he does. He's eatin it a couple weeks now and did fine until 2 nights ago. According to hubby he claims none of his kids liked cereal.
We have been doing an exercise with Mason to stretch the muscle in his neck. He tends to lean his head to the side. I think it has improved alot since we first noticed it 2 months ago. The doctor told me I need to be more aggressive with the exercise. If it doesn't improve or I do not feel comfortable being more aggressive we will need to take him to a physical therapist (oh lovely- I bet he'll like that as much as I did). If that don't fix the problem then he would need surgery to fix it. I don't think we need to worry yet about surgery. I really feel its improved and will improve more. But if it comes to that we will deal with it. We will handle it as best as we can.
I have to say that it makes me sad to think Mason is already 4 months old. I have been told by hubby no more babies. Mason will always be my baby no matter how big he gets! I can't imagine the last 4 months without him. He is so precious and cuddly. I wouldn't trade him for the world!

No comments: