Thursday, January 28, 2010

In a Perfect World

I wanted to put Maddison into an ECFE class last Fall. However with the times available and things we already committed to it didn't work out. I was very bumbed out. I so badly wanted to do this with her, for her. She is stuck home with me all day, every day. I felt it would be good for her to get out and play with other kids.

When the registration came out a few weeks ago for the next session I looked it over pretty well. I looked at it more than one time. I thought about the classes offered and how I could get her there. There were alot of classes offered at 10am. Not workable for the working parent. I finally got over the fact that maybe I couldn't take her. Maybe I need to have hubby take her. Then I started to really like the idea of him taking her because she is home with me ALL THE TIME. This would be good for both Maddison and Hubby.

I signed Maddison up for the Monday class at 4:00pm. Class ends at 5:30pm. What a great time. Hubby is home at 2:30 from work. Plenty of time for him to get ready and take her. Also he'd be home in time for supper and for me to get to my Monday meetings when I have then. They are at 7:00pm.

I was excited it was going to work out. We've been talking to Maddison about going to school like her big sisters do.

Classes start February 1st! I got a call today at 11am to tell me that Maddison's Monday class at 4pm is no longer available. There weren't enough kids signed up. So what does that mean for us. We have to pick another time.

The lady wasn't very friendly about the fact I work and can not do a 10am class. She did not apologize to me either. I know it wasn't her fault but the nice thing to do is tell someone you are sorry it didn't work out. No instead she tells me "Well there will be other classes in the summer".

Ok how do summer classes help me now? They don't. They are during the day also.

So finally I got tired of listening to the lady ramble on about the day time classes we settled for Monday night at 6:00pm. However class does not end until 7:30pm. Oh no problem I only have meetings twice a week at 7:00pm. Daycare kids the other 2 Mondays until 8:30pm.

Only in a perfect world would my Mondays not be so busy. And only in a perfect world the ECFE classes would work out for the working and the non-working families.

Are you asking how I plan to get to my meetings on time while hubby is at ECFE with Maddison- good question because I have no idea. I got 2 weeks to figure it all out (my next meeting)!

Maybe I will have 3 kids who need to tag along with me.

2 comments:

~Dinah said...

I was just thinking about this while i was laying in bed last night. I remembered that our ECFE program has free child care for siblings....is that an option?

Amy said...

I think they only have this during the day. I will check into it. I do have a lead on a sitter too. She is taking the same child development classes I took years ago!