Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthday Party

On Sunday we had a birthday party for Abby and Jade! Abby turned 6 on January 11 and Jade will turn 8 on February 5. We had their parties together to make things a bit easier. They each got to pick out one color of plates and cups. They got their own cakes (or cupcakes) and each got their own birthday balloons! We even sang Happy Birthday 2 times! One time for each of them.




The Football watchers!

If only we could all just lay on the table!

This is an magic panting thing Abby got from Grandma Robin.
You paint with water and when it dries it becomes invisible!
Maddison loved it and didn't want to share.
I have learned with this birthday party to just go with the flow. Whatever happens happens. A few guests were unable to make it due to the weather (well a story in itself). So I had a bit too much food. I am sure too much is better than not enough. Maddison had to leave during the party to go to the ER to see if she had an ear infection. Also we were supposed to have Hello Kitty Cake Pops. But that didn't happen with Hubby having to work all day Saturday and Maddison not feeling well I honestly just didn't have time to try and concur such a task.
Now we are onto planning Jade's party with her friends. Abby had her party at Burger King. Jade wanted to go to a movie but I am not sure what to do after that so the girls can have cake. I DO NOT want to transport the kids. Sorry just don't want to.
So I am thinking I will see if Jade wants her friends to come here to our house for Pizza and maybe even watch a movie while we eat!
Then once that is done we will plan Maddison's birthday party!
Than after that I am taking a break for a few months. No planning after March until August! If anything falls in between (like our anniversary and my birthday) they will have to be skipped this year!
Wow what do you think the Duggars do for their birthdays with that many kids. Yikes I can not imagine planning something for all of them.


No comments: