Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Dodge


Well its been a few days since I have posted. Its been a rough week.
If you are wondering about the picture of a car well I will tell you. That is what my car looks like. A 1997 dodge intrepid. I purchased it about 8 years ago. With the help of my dad test driving it with me along with another car this is the car I picked. Maybe a good idea, maybe not. You be the judge of that. Thankfully after purchasing the car I had some great family members. After about a year of driving it the head gaskets went out. That is a $2,000 job to fix. while it was getting fixed my grandmother allowed me to barrow her car. I had to fix it since I was still paying on the car. Well guess what- now that is been about 8 years and my husband has been driving the car to work those wonderful $2,000 head gaskets went out again. Yeah, just my luck. Monday we could have sold the car for $500. I told my husband no because we are not in the place to buy a new car. Wow was that dumb because on Thursday my husband barely made it work. This time the car will not be fixed. The car holds about 208,000 miles. Sadly the tires are still in good shape but the rest of the car is history. Wonder how much the junk yard will give us?

So my dad offered his old beater of farm truck to use to drive until we get a new car. Hmm, not really a good idea with the shape its in. We don't live on a farm, Dad!
Well today low and behold my brother Matt calls to tell me that hubby can drive his car to work. Matt is going to drive the old beater farm truck! Do you know that my brother has my grandmothers car! Yes, the one that I had to barrow years ago from my grandmother. Funny how things work out.
We've drove through some car lots looking at some used cars. Mainly looking for just something reasonable and that will mainly be used for hubby to get to work. We found one we like from looking at the outside and the information that was posted in the window. Hopefully hubby can go tomorrow to drive it and see if its something we want to try and purchase.

No comments: