Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Dumplings

So do you already know what your plans are for the Christmas Holiday?

Well this year we are doing things a bit different in my family. We always opened presents on Christmas Eve with my parents and siblings. This year we are going to celebrate twice so that my brother Ted can celebrate with us. He will be home on the 20th but not on Christmas Eve. So we're going to celebrate at my sister's house on the 20th. She always makes such yummy food. Then on Christmas Eve we will celebrate at my house.

So I am already trying to decide what to make for food. It will be a late afternoon gathering. I was actually thinking of my grandmothers potato dumplings! I bet if she was still around she would make them for me if I asked. I have only made these once and it was about 4 years ago! I am thinking of making them again but trying to decide what to have with them. I think my grandmother always made sauerkraut and pork ribs too.

No comments: